Changing the Actual Key of a Sample?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ then that's just a straight up dumb question then. Point blank. Its lose/lose for you.

How else were you possibly going to achieve this without pitch-shifting individual notes???

So, either you asked a question, got an answer, and still acted like a dick... or you asked a question, poorly, with only one blatantly obvious possible answer, and then acted like a dick when people didn't understand what you meant.

So which is it??

The best part of all this is you think you know exactly what you're talking about and that you're correct and I'm not. That's a great attitude. I'm not saying you're wrong, but that's simply not what I'm asking. In fact, I doubt highly that you could even do what I'm asking. Take an a cappella in one key and mix into a song in a different key without destroying the a cappella. I dare you.

the thing is I know I am right and I have done it before. its basically like transposing a midi sequence. u just have to make sure u tune it correctly. was doing this 5 years ago. I am just unwilling to argue with someone who asks questions yet refuses to take in the replies received or as I said I am done arguing feel free to figure it out yourself and come back with results because my going back and forth with you does 0 for me. Helping you does 0 for me so why stress it?

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

this is crazy. your question has been answered.

So if I take a sample, as you asked, from C major to G major:

The original sample would have these notes A, B, C, D, E, F, G

The distance between C and G is 7 semitones

A + 7st = E
B + 7st = F#/Gb
C + 7st = G
D + 7st = A
E + 7st = B
F + 7st = C
G + 7st = D

What scale contains these new notes, G,A,B,C,D,E,F# you ask??? That's right - G MAJOR.

So, how do you take a sample from C major to G major, ask you asked? You pitch it up 7 semitones.

Case closed.

exactly what I been saying from the first post. all u r doing is moving the notes up and down the scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back