Can't loop samples?

jurresalden

Hello guys,

My name is Jurre and this is my first post on this forum. My question is about sampling, I am a new beat maker and I'm kind of struggling with finding some good samples. Whenever I open up a nice game OST melody that I like, it's so noisy that I can never cut it decently, it never loops smoothly.
For example: youtube.c/o/m/watch?v=t9nocjg2OLI (Can't post links yet)
I tried cutting that track everywhere but can't seem to find a loop. I really love the 'darker' sounds and would love to use this in one of my beats.

Thanks!
-Jurre.

If this doesn't help, just try searching youtube for tutorials using key words from whatever issue you're having.

If you REALLY need help, feel free to PM me.

Thanks for the quick reply man, I've been spending all day trying to figure this out.
The problem is, when I open up most game OST samples (I really like some of them) the waveform bar is completely white without any gaps and I have no clue how to get a good loop out of something like that when there isn't a pause at the end of the part I want to use as a sample.

With the video link you posted.. drag it into slicex and zoom in on the wave form and put the markers before certain beats.

Try counting 1,2,3,4.... 1,2,3,4.... 1,2,3,4.... 1,2,3,4 as you're placing markers and place them at those hits..

For a beginer, you should try playing around with where you put the markers and just go from there.

Your best bet is to expierement a lot and watch a ton of tutorials

With the video link you posted.. drag it into slicex and zoom in on the wave form and put the markers before certain beats.

Try counting 1,2,3,4.... 1,2,3,4.... 1,2,3,4.... 1,2,3,4 as you're placing markers and place them at those hits..

For a beginer, you should try playing around with where you put the markers and just go from there.

Your best bet is to expierement a lot and watch a ton of tutorials

Allright thanks man! But those reaaaally wide continous waveforms are good to sample with? Or can you only sample sounds which have pauses in it?

Back