Can we have a MIXING/MASTERING battle?????? please read....

"I like the snares loud enough to make your eyes blink from it...."----Brother Ali

Music is only supposed to be soft and "plush" (what does that even mean lol) if thats the route your going. I like my drums to knock and my **** to be in ur face nah mean? Lets see what everyone else thinks. Discuss.

Last edited:
iite take a look at the construction kits and see if yall want to do those... or the beat that was posted

Last edited:
I just had a thought....If you take truth's beat and throw it in any wav editor (i.e. audition, audacity, etc...) and then take mine...just look at them you can clearly see which one looks more full....then you can even go as far as to compare them to say Dre or somebody's track just by looking you can tell which one is mixed properly...not saying the eye is the best test but it gives a pretty good indication.

ok but we need the beat tracked out...that is we need a file for each different element (i.e. kick, snare, sample, hi hat, etc...) of the beat in order to mix it. Nah mean?

iight. imma need some help on that. i got FL Studio 9, and i usually jus export them as .mp3. So can someone give me some feedback on how to track it out? thnx fam.

iight. imma need some help on that. i got FL Studio 9, and i usually jus export them as .mp3. So can someone give me some feedback on how to track it out? thnx fam.

fl studio is tricky, if u didnt send every track to the mixer then u have to solo each track.

for example, take ur kick and solo it, then bounce to wav, THEN take ur snare and solo it, then bounce to wave. etc for the rest of them, NOT mp3! WAV!!! put it all in a folder, each track will be the same file size but thats how it goes...

let me know if u still have questions

cool. i did that. now how do you want me to upload them. .zip file? or jus one by one?

depending on the size u can zip file and upload it, the engineers preference is needed here.....

the good news is that parts of that beat are so annoying because of its lack of mix... its obvious the beat is hot but it needs a good mix, especially the real vocal parts.... make this beat HOT!!!

ill never forget when i heard the song LAUGHY TAFFY!!! as horrible as that song was, the engineering was incredible, it sounded like it was made on a casio keyboard but the audio was magic to the ears. i hated that song but loved to hear the mix...

lets see what happens here...

and another thing, all i ask is that who ever wins, you have to explain how u did what u did to make it sound good, thats the whole point of this, to learn!!!! i gotta plug krs...

YOuuu Muust! leeeearRRRRrnnnnnn!!!

Last edited:
well. its kinda late but i got them uploaded. the drums were kinda tough to do cuz i used a break and i jus had it looped. so i had to go back and seperate all the drums. but whatever. it aint that many .wav tracks, its only like 8 tracks i think. this is my 1st time doing this so please, bare with me. it took a while cuz the overall upload was very large. those damn .wav files are pretty big.lol well here it is..good luck!

http://www.mediafire.com/?zh0wy3ykoaq

Ok should be done by friday...gotta take my kid to guitar this afternoon and wont have time this morning. But im downloading now so I'll work on it tomorrow.

i went to extract the zip folder and it keeps messing up at like 60% can you repack it and re up it?

edit:actually we just need what looks to be "insert_3.wav".

oh and your kick layer is just a 5 second loop can you fix that?

Last edited:
dont post anything till we make sure Truth gets it too... and of course anybody else who gonna compete....

Ok should be done by friday...gotta take my kid to guitar this afternoon and wont have time this morning. But im downloading now so I'll work on it tomorrow.
i thought srm was going on a cruise ,, well r-15 if i check this out an the kick ,snare hihat, sample, if aint in indiviual files i wont master it .point blank, alright tried to download an nothing what up wit that any body with a beat tracked out so we can mix this ish .already..

Last edited:
i downloaded it those were the only issues i had....i wanted to wait myself until after the cruise so if youre down truth we'll just wait and this messy thread should be gone by then and we can start a whole new one. Up to you.

did you guys already pick a beat ? my newest beat has a lot of sounds in it, different snares claps, some strings, higher pitched strings running on top at certain points, an electric guitar sounding sound hi hats..

If you guys are still looking for a beat I'd be down to put it up.

Back