Can I change the notes of a sample

matthewm77

I cut one part of a sample out that I want to use as a lead. I put it in Edison (Fl Studio) then dragged it to the sequencer and put it in the piano roll but every note sounds the same. Can I change the note of the sample? For example, if it was a C, can I make it go C,C,D,F or something like that?

One thing I would try out is uploading the part of the sample into Audacity, then using the pitching tool that doesn't affect the tempo (can't remember what it's called) and start pitchshifting the melody like you described it, though it would sound very pitched down or up, but it could be a very interesting effect.
You could reduce pitch-down effect by re-introducing highend using multiband saturation and driving the highest band.
Though I don't know if it's possible to reduce the tone of pitching up the sample.

May want to check out melodyne, nit sure if there's a demo, but it's great for manipulating samples. Reason 7 does all this as well, and you can download a demo, but I'm not sure if you'll be able to export audio of your results.

Back