Can anyone identify these instruments? Help appreciated

jarethomega

Hey guys, there is a video on youtube called with a beat I've never heard before and I wonder if anyone more experienced than I can identify the instruments that are in it.

I'm not allowed to post links yet, but the video is called: "Hopsin Arrested in Orlando Florida HD" ( watch?v=l3vg1bvg30c )

At about 1:05 the beat starts playing. I'm not so interested in the kicks/snares and piano that plays when the beat picks up, its the weird ambient bells and sounds in the intro. Anyone know if these have a name or what these are? Thanks.

Hmmmm have you got logic? there is a kit in logic called "Tubular Bells" which is under "Tuned Percussion" which is in the "Orchestral" section in the library and that kit is basically all sorts of bell sounds but it's hard to try and pinpoint what he's using because who knows what kind of FX, EQ'ing he's done to them but if you have logic you should check it out it's a pretty cool kit.

I've got Reason, but I'm still learning a lot of it. So those instruments are bells? I wasn't even sure if that's what they were although thats all that came to mind... Thanks

Back