Breaking Songs Down (First Post)

Cardinal Stryd

Hi everyone, I've been rapping for a few months, and want to get into producing to allow myself to really take my projects by the horns. I'm very eager to learn how to sample, but I haven't had much luck at all teaching myself. Basically the only thing I know how to do (sampling-wise) is take parts of songs with no words in them, and loop them to make it replicate the song's beat. I often find that there are certain parts of a song that I would love to make a beat out of, but it's covered in the artist's voice, drums, and other instruments. For example, the bassline for "NaNa", by Chance the Rapper. I can't find a way to get this bassline all by itself, I looked up other songs with the same bassline like "Sucka Nigga" by ATCQ and "Red Clay" by Freddie Hubbard, but none of them allow me to loop the bassline. Is there any way possible for me to be able to cut the bassline from the rest of the song? I appreciate any help.

now i don't how tribe did it or Chance the rapper (cuz i don't know the song) but the bassline is looped with drums added and probably some effects on it. To get a clean bassline u will have recreate it. If u sample it play ur own drums on top of it of use a dope drumbreak.
To answer the other question on other parts of the song u want to use. Learn how to chop and u will get more control of the sample!!!!

Back