bootleg remixes getting them right

nqcowboy87

i want to make bootleg remixes/mashups but im thinking it might be a bit hard when you have an already mastered base track which provides your backing track with synths, bass, guitar, drums etc. then mixing an acapella into it and having it sit in the mix properly and not seem like it wads just cut and pasted there. another thing wqould be when you go to export it, every track i export in ableton has a signal chain i labelled mastering1 which is basically a stock ableton mastering chain that i tweaked a bit (till i get ozone), so "mastering" (obviously im not a mastering engineer) an already mastered song could potentially make it sound crap. also some songs i want to layer my own beats down under it and new bass lines, is there a way to get that sounding good, usually i treat the mp3 like a synth layer and cut the lows out of it too make way for a new bass line, and then notch out around 3k for a new melody line and then sit a 400hz(boosted around 4k mark) pad under neath it lowered down in the mix to add substance to it, im a newb so this is probably gonna sound like gibberish to more experienced people

Back