Boosting drums in a sample

StanleySteamer

Hey guys, as the title says I'm looking for tips on boosting drums in a sample. I have a sample that contains drums and they are pretty thick and I don't feel like I need to add more drums over them I just want to make them stand out more. Anyway to do this with EQ?

it is easy to decide, you cannot change only sound of drums in EQ if you have sample (melody) + drums...nice answer for your question is to find very similar drums from your sample and then layer them on it...i think you understand :)

it is easy to decide, you cannot change only sound of drums in EQ if you have sample (melody) + drums...nice answer for your question is to find very similar drums from your sample and then layer them on it...i think you understand :)

i second what jocasrb said. just experiment with EQ and adding your own drums. just have fun with it and you will stumble across a good idea!

a good trick is to add drums that are in sync over your sample. put a compressor on the sample. sidechain your duplicate kick into the compressor. the point is to get your compressor to lower the volume of your sample when your kick hits. this should get you a cleann ass sounding track

Back