black milk vs hi tek

who's better hi tek or black milk

• black milk

Votes: 81 41.1%
  • hi tek

Votes: 116 58.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i am from there too, i don't sound like dilla, but i have a detroit sound.......they were close themselves, but sounding exactly like a dead detroit legend is not cool in my book, although i see what you are getting at

I dont even think milk sounds as much like dilla as others.

But I gotta say Black Milk over tek. I love both of their music, but gotta go with Milk.

1. Black Milk because when I hear Black Milk I think "Reunion (dope)" and Hi Tek nothing comes to mind instantly for me.

2. Who cares if he "sounds like dilla" even though this is a copout for describing Black Milks Sound (no one sounds like dilla even if they try btw). Motown artists sounded like Motown artists. Detroit artists sound like Detriot artists?

I'm sorry, but I don't like Hi-Tek at all..........Dr. Dre doesn't appeal to me since I'm in the Northeast where I'm used to the Diggin' In the crates Crew.....so Yes, Dre's not **** to me. He make all the money in the world but that doesn't make him a great producer. if he starts making music for Metallica...then I might consider him a producer..........so please be careful in how you define the word producer.......Dre isn't a producer......he's only taking so ****ing long to come out with his Bull**** DeTox because he's such a "perfectionist" meaning that none of Production whores are bringin' it for him...........Even Scott Storch makes more money than Dre on any GIVEN day(about 100,000 for that jew, right?).....so for dre to brag like he's a producer that's really overstating that fact.......He's not a producer......or rather a beatmaker.........if he conducts how peoples should rap like Puffy does, then YES, he's a producer. Don't get your thoughts twisted about who's a producer and who is a beat maker. I know that Premiere has been a beatmaker for the longest, but motha****as who don't know like to call him a producer.........being a beatmaker isn't so bad..........you can atleast keep your dignity with that

Wow, ask any, I repeat ANY! of the top producers where they think Dre stands. I can see if you're just not a fan of his, but this post basically says Dre isn't a producer, nor is he good. Sounds to me like you need to branch out a bit from boom bap (although I do love that sound) hip-hop these days needs more than that. We can't progress if we keep doing the same shit.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen so many periods in my life...

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

My answer would be hi-tek by the way. black milk is amazing, but hi-tek is way more versatile. tek can switch up his style from track to track whereas black milk is like 9th wonder or premo for example, you can always tell its a black milk beat.

I have to say Black Milk. Hes the one carrying Dillas torch in the D, and I dont think hes "too dilla sounding" as dillas sound will never be matched and there are so many differences in their music. His drums always bang and his samples are ill. Hes also much younger than hi-tek

black milk. both are dope tho. and i dont think he sounds too much like dilla, even if he did so what. I wish all artists sounded more like jay dee lol. Dont really like how black milk is ****in with live instruments so much now tho

my take

tek, because milk is too dilla sounding

...ya, and tek ain't - ???? everything from his (and other's) rhodes sampleing, filtering, knockin drums, and subby bass and all together VIBE has been dilla-esque since his 1st release. In fact, their is an interview online w/ dilla where the interview was askin him bout catz trying to sound soul-quarian - dilla was always like .. do you. Dude brought up hi-tek after that, NOT SURPRISINGLY - but Jay was cool about it like, peeps think I don't like Hi-tek (Jee, I Wonder why), but he said he had no probs w/ tek.

Black is like basically crew. Hell he has jointz w/ SV - Dilla is on reunion. If that ain't approval of his skills, I don't know what it is. Fact is all, them undaground catz have all jacked dilla's swag, just that not all of them ADMIT IT. Milk is from that camp, so he's no exception - but he has and edginess in his tracks that is all his own. I'm not saying Tek hasn't put out anything unique, but I think Black goes harder. And I can name tracks so wusup. LOL

I heard of Hi-Tek before I really started hearing a lot of Dilla's work. But I'm from Ohio...most people didn't know Hi-Tek back in the MOOD days down in Cincinnati. Black Milk certainly has come up in the past few years...but Hi-Tek has a more signature sound I think than Milk. You can recognize both of their production instantly...I might just be Ohio biased...it's all Midwest against everybody else anyway ain't it? LOL

Gotta go with Black on this one. Sounding like Dilla isnt a bad thing. Every underground hiphop type producer is influenced by Dilla. Everybody incorporates his style into theirs at least a little bit, because his shit was so hot. So Im going with Black, even though Im not really feeling either of their newer tracks. Their old shit is AMAZING though.

Back