Big Question bout sampling

S

Shadow-Ninja

Well when it comes to sampling voices you pretty much in most cases need clearance but i was wondering if sampling synth sounds from a fav song needs clearance too , or is that only for vocals alone?

Cos i been listening to a lot of tracks produced by the neptunes and there r a few synth sounds i think i can be able to sample so was wondering if i could use em then prolly make something hot and possibly sell it widout any legal action taken out on me

yeah you need to clear every sample you use even if it's a 1 second drum sample that noone will ever notice...but most people don't f*ck with all that.

basically dude look at it like this:

they have to proove, beyond resonable doubt, that you used there song.

if u cant tell where it is from, then it should be ok. also, i reccommend processing some effect on it.

Shadow-Ninja said:
Well when it comes to sampling voices you pretty much in most cases need clearance but i was wondering if sampling synth sounds from a fav song needs clearance too , or is that only for vocals alone?

Cos i been listening to a lot of tracks produced by the neptunes and there r a few synth sounds i think i can be able to sample so was wondering if i could use em then prolly make something hot and possibly sell it widout any legal action taken out on me

Why sample the Neptunes when they get most of their sounds from the Triton.....You can just replay the sound, if you can...

Last edited:
Even though at this point no one is going to hear my music let alone someone who owns rights to a sample I used I always try to sample really really obscure ****. I have samples from bands that were one hit wonders in another country like 40 years ago.

It's the artist responsibility to have the sampled cleared, not you. You're just gonna have to worry bout havin some of ur publishin takin away. But if they ain't sellin over 10K, don't even sweat it cuz noone is gonna care.

basically i wouldn't sample **** from any new beats or tracks i use **** from the 30's and **** like for snares and vinyl startups and **** like that!

cool y'all pretty much answered my question... btw yeh i wanna use some of the neptunes stuff but not necessarily just them...

the truthe™ practically gave me the answer i was looking for yeh i am currently gonna add some effects to the samples

Back