Best way to sample in fl studio?

YOUNGCHAACA

what i do is i take the sample to edison, sample out the part i want, than put it on the grid and mess with the time nob.

the thing is it really does not come out the way i like it most of the time.

Is their a better way that the pros sample using fl studio, also if their is a good tutorial some where online could you link it to me?

How is SliceX better than Edison? I never used SliceX but Edison seems to have everything a begginer like me needs

I find Slicex so much better to sample with than edison cos that's what it was made for, it can do everything edison does and more. Once you chop up your sample in slicex each chop automatically maps to keys in order starting at C, C#, D etc. So you can trigger the chops on your midi controller straight away.
Also you dont have to worry about having heaps of audio clips, each chop is mapped as a note so you can alter your chop patterns in the piano roll which means you can create different chop patterns all within the slicex plugin.

If your still using edison as your sampler, I'd highly advise you to switch to slicex simply for workflow reasons but whatever works for you...

Bro try slicex its the best way just drag and drop your sample, set your markers where you want, zoom in and adjust, adjust the tempo (very important) and make some magic!! Ask anymore questions if you need.

slicex if youre using midi to trigger samples,before i had my maschine n i didnt want to use my element i would just drag pieces from edison straight to playlist,timestretch and then arrange how it was needed,can chop and do all that right there if youd like.

There are too many ways to sample on FL Studio FL Fruity Slicer, Slicex, Edison is like a bit of manual of sampling, Wave Traveller?

I prefer FL Slicer than Slicex (in FL 11)...resons: FL Slicer has easy analog for changing the tempo of sample and analog for pitching the sample...is it all what you need? Ofcourse if i want to change my chops ill do it again in Edison (thats not a problem if you are not lazy hah)...for Slicex in FL 11: Slicex in my FL is bugged or i dont know what...for example i cant use there PageUp or PageDown (shortcuts for zooming) so i cant change the chops there...also i have a problem with pitching my samples...so for me FL Slicer 1:0 Slicex

best way to sample.

1) open cool edit/adobe audition and throw a sample on that *****

2) press F8 to place marker (chop)

3) open fl studio -> open sliceX -> throw sample on sliceX

I don't use SliceX anymore cause when you copy SliceX 2 or 3 times for different filters/effects on top of each other. 1 of them usually crashes.
Fruity Slicer crashes less often and has much better filters!

Dont know if anybody noticed, but when you put your sample/chops in Slicex it has normal db sound...when you put your sample/chop in the FL Slayer it will be really quiter...dont know why but it is really strange n stupid :S

i remember many years ago i used to cut every individual chop in cool edit pro and then import them all into different channels on fl and play with them..... man, that was time consuming.

IF you have a midi controller with pads, I recommend chopping the samples in Edison and then dragging them into the FPC

Back