Best Vinyl to USB Record Player for $150-250?

Yarvy

BoomBap Connoisseur
Looking to get a really excellent quality model for Christmas so I can sample from vinyl. Anyone know any good brands/models?

a normal turntable would be a better investment, and there are some out there in your price range. try stanton, vestax, or numark. the table itself doesn't matter as much as the needle, the cartridge, and the source you feed it through (audio interface/preamp/etc.). as long as the table at the least has an adjustable counterweight, any table will do. except for those sh*tty portable ones. you'll never get a quality rip from those.

Last edited:
check their site. what you really want to invest in is a good needle and cartridge though. don't get too tied up on the actual turntable.

another thing you have to consider is if you want a belt drive turntable or a direct drive.

if you ever want to scratch on your turntable for hooks or anything, you'll need a direct drive. if not, a belt drive would be fine. belt drives are also cheaper most of the time.

Find a non usb turntable they will last longer

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Find a non usb turntable they will last longer. Usb won't be around forever I don't see traditional hardware connections ever going away

For the record (pun) I just meant a turntable that you can rip vinyl to a computer with..

Back