Best Type Of Samples

The best type of samples are the best feelings you get from what you hear. Shoot, you could even sample video game sounds and be inspired to flip it into a beat.

I hear alot music I can sample but I only sample songs that give me that "Got Dam" feeling. you kno?

Last edited:
I think that the best samples are the ones with great sound quality. Everything that happens after the digging of the sample and during the making of the beat depends not on the genre, but in the sample quality and your own skills.

Everything goes as long as you're feelin it. Sample from everything you like. I don't mean to disrespect OP, but this question pops up every once in a while and I think it's kinda stupid. One of the things that will distinguish you from other producers is the type of samples that you use, so there's really not a BETTER genre to sample. Just sample what you like and make it sound ill. Plus I believe that almost everything is flipable, if you can't flip it properly you can bet that there's some cat out there who can. So really, just find some bands and genres that you like and start from there - research related bands and genres, and so on and so on.

+1 tbh.

I don't like to sample much music pre-70s because of how it sounds generally (tonality wise) However I also dont like to sample a lot of contemporary music for the same reason

70s soul music is probably one of the best places to look for when wanting to make an Eastcoast beat. But what it comes down to really is your ears and whether or not you can use the sample to your advantage. This can be any kinda sample..

Back