best turntable for sampling

P

PiffProduction

what do think i should look into for sampling. a belt drive, direct drive, a expensive, inexpensive, does any of this stuff matter when sampling? and also how would i connect it? rca into my fasttrack? or into the mixer?

belt drive, if you are just sampling, but i prefer direct drive, cuz they last longer, and you can add som scratching to your beats, you can find a really good Direct drive on ebay, for really cheap

If your just sampling and have a tight budget, get the numark pt-01.
It`s portable, reliable, and gets the job done.

If you have a MPC you can connect the numark straight in the record in and out. same with other tables. But with other turntables you need a mixer. With the numark you don`t have to worry about the mixer, you can just straight up plug that table into the mpc and go sample, thats what I learned. Cuz you have to ground certain tables so they don`t have a humming sound. In order to ground a tunrntable you have to have a mixer. With the numark I have had no porblem with humming and neither have other people I know. Some people might get that humming sound but i`ve never heard out that with the numark pt-01.

Hope that helps. If you need more help just pm me.

Gob Bless,
B-Side

Last edited:
thanks a lot ... i was actually looking at those but someone told me that they are ****. but what i was first gonna do was buy one of those cheap and looks like it gets what u have to do done.

I prefer directs over belts. Belts can get the job done yes but directs are just better tables.

i used to use a £30/$55 deck when i started, an now i use a £130/$240ish gemini tt02, i cnt tell any notable difference in quality.
go figure.

if i were u id go wiv the most convenient option,if u dont wanna scratch then id go for a cheap usb turntable that means u dont have to mess around wiv mixers an pre amps ect.

Last edited:
yea thats another thing i wasnt sure about. i have a fast track pro and a small little 6 channel mixer. now the mixer has no other rca inputs. and the fast track has those inserts i think . and to be honest i have a usb hub and its totally used up with a mpd24 and keystation and some other crap. so what should i do when hooking up with turntable?

I have the numark ttx direct drive, it was 250, but i got it at guitar center for 150 cuz it was an open box, i would go to guitar center and see if you can but the one that they have on show, its usually cheaper. Def the best turntable for the price

the TTX turntables are the best turntables on the market period when it comes to torque. Build wise I have heard they still can't stand up to the 1200s. I have used the TTX's for parties and I love them.

Last edited:
Ultimately comes down to your needles and your line out set up, though. The table you'll just want to have proper torque (doesn't need to be perfect, it's a vinyl record after all and probably old) and little to no noise.

i have numarks ttx's, very good tables....but if u want quality sampling, doesnt really matter tha table....u need to kno what kind of needle you get my mann.

i have numarks ttx's, very good tables....but if u want quality sampling, doesnt really matter tha table....u need to kno what kind of needle you get my mann.

Last edited:
i was wondering the same thing can the numark PT01 changeCartridges like for the Shure M44-7 ? i herd it was the best needle for sampling

So if you had lets say 200 bucks, what would you go and get??? I am getting from reading this thread that a direct drive or a Numark would be the best?!?!? I am thinking about getting one SOON!!!!!

What is the best kind of needle for scratching?? They said a Shure M44-7 was the best for sampling, but are they good for scratching also??? I am looking too both scratch and sample!!

Thanks for the feedback also

me myself i bought a belt table from ebay without the parts and got the parts from the manufactuer....i saved a good 100dollars to what they go for in the stores...

I am not trying too steal the thread or anything it kinda goes with it, but would a Shure M44-7 cartridge work on a Numark TT200???

And also i have done my research and i am still uncertain about the differences in a Stylus and Cartridge!!! Are they the same thing or is their a difference???

Back