The Best Spot To Go Diggin EVER!!!!

Mixtape Meeko

There are plenty of spots all around the world to go diggin. With all the diggin I have done, the best place I have been was at HOME! Diggin thru your grandparents, parents, uncles, aunts, cousins, or in-laws' vinyl is significant. Most of the time it brings you back to a certain point in life because these records are the ones you grew up on. The only downfall to diggin at a relative's place is that you can't always go back to dig. Once you get all of their records, thats it. Its not like your favorite local spot where you can go every week and there are always records there.

Most of you have probably already went diggin at your relative's place. Some of you walked away with a lot of records and some of you probably left with none after coming across that uncle that won't give up his vinyl collection. You may have to go in a dirty attic and fight spiders or go out in some old shed that could have all kinds of wildlife but if you haven't been yet, I suggest you do so because its definitely a treat.

Recently I had the chance to go diggin back home. Check out the vid HERE.

The Best Spot To Go Diggin

The Best Spot any of us can ever go diggin!!!!

i was living in a halfway house at one point and i stole all their records on the way out (they didn't have a record player anyone, they probably hadn't been listened to in 20 years.)

hell no, the best spots for diggin are record stores where they collect jazz and soul and such.
The best spot i ever went to was Waxwell Records in Amsterdam cause they specialize in Hip-Hop and even specialize in sampled records.
my father was all rock & roll back in the days.
Wasn't really great to sample when just starting out. Soul would've been easier.

Honestly though lol didn't get the point in that , I was expecting something valuable and it ended up being a small tiny article about nothing

It was cool...if youve got good taste in music, chances are that someone in your family has also...

My grandfather has over 3000 albums as well as an unknown number of REEL to REEL tapes...

record stores have much more rare stuff in the crates than flea markets usually.
Most people bought the same albums in the 70's. Most people weren't buying rare jazz records in Holland.

Yeah I also love record stores and I continuously travel to them in various places. I might find more rare or even better records than in my dads basement but to me that time diggin thru the fams vinyl was the best experience because it's is a part of me. I grew up hearing those gospel records my grandmother played and to actually see them years later or have them given to me is a lot different than going into the record store.
And if ur feelings were hurt by the blog post, forgive me.

Back