Best Source For New Drum Kits

binelus

Hi everyone!

Hope all is well. Where can I find fresh new drum kits all the time without sounding outdated?

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks

Freedrumkits.net has the largest database of free drums I ever saw and they sound very good.
Big mono.
Erkan was nice enough to sample his real drum kit as oneshots too.
Hm...These ain't free [haven't bought em myself yet] but loopmasters seems like a good idea, vengeance...is vengeance any good still?dunno.
Synthesizers or drum modules.
Sound design.

If you have, or know someone who has the means to do so, I'd recommend recording, editing and creating your own samples. Sometimes you can get really killer sounds just by messing around and mixing stuff together. Plus, it's really fun.

Using old breaks to cut into pieces and layer with other drum kits, or taking acoustic kits and layering them with electronic kits (with some tweaking). That's going to be the best way to teach yourself not to have to rely on others for the sounds you are searching for.

If you want the ready-made options, then a little research yields results-with a little mental filtering through the BS. The Producers Choice has good stuff.

Outdated drums sound good IMO though, it really just depends on what you do with them. They only sound obsolete if the person creating the beat is.

Back