Best and easiest way to make a beat with a sample!!

wallywall

Whats gud producers? I was wonders what is the best way to take a sample (either vocal or just instruments) and make a beat on fl studio? I have made a few beats with samples but i know there has to be an easier way than using edison.. Please share your techniques.............and visit my website if you wanna sell your beats with samples or any other beats for that matter...thanks

Beat Sqwad

This is usually how I do it. When you find a song that you want to sample, try and find the tempo. Once you find the tempo, slice the parts you want to use into measures/bars or beats and export the newly sliced loops as .wav files. Before you click export, make sure they are ACIDized. Before you know it, you will have folders full of ACIDized loops and samples.

This is actually kind of difficult, you should learn how to slice audio files etc, and add them in a sampler instrument and play with them
lots of info on youtube vids

you have to listen to alot of music, not just rap, to perfect your skillz, in time you will get better and faster

What he said, listen to a lot of music and not just hip hop, the funny thing is that now that I'm more into sampling, I listen to everything but hip-hop trying to find that different sound

I Usually go through some records and if I find the sample I like I record the part I want to chop or loop.
Before you chop try to make up a melody in your head with the sample and stick to that melody and then chop the sample.

I do the same thing to but finding that perfect loop is what i'm having trouble with, there's always a click or a little popping sound sometimes, I can mask it with drums at times but it doesn't always sound so good.
Also what I tend to do is find my sample, sample 4 bars of it, try and find the bpm and and the perfect start and end point so that the 4 bars loop perfectly. I'll then throw it into contact and time stretch or speed it up etc. but the hard part I think is finding the perfect start and end point to get the sweet spot in the loop. Usually the end if anything that makes it difficult.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Also, trying to make a leody in my head prior is hard because I play and alter the sample around sometimes to get new sounds.
Usually chopping it up into 16 slices accross my MAschine works best, that's my way of doing it now.
But I know other people don't always do that, they manually chop pieces they like, and that's what's hardest to me.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

4 bars slices over 16 pads is easier to play back obviosuly.
Chopping up manually is harder because u might have one piece that's just one bar, and then another part that's 4 bars, maybe another 2 bars, how do you get it all to gel afterwards.

My advice is to not chop in 16 equal pieces, it always killed my creativity. Just try to chop on notes, when you chopped try to make a melody out of it. And for god sakes don't time stretch everything, if the sample is 60 bpm and your beat 94 bpm just leave the sample like it is, because let's say half a bar on 60 bpm is longer than half a bar on 94 bpm, that way you won't be struggling with holes in your chopped sequence.

Thanks Starvin,

So when you say chop on the notes you mean just find notes in the track and chop those notes specifically and not worry so much about chopping up say 4 bars equally over 16 pads?

Also the timestretch I thought it had to be done because if not they won't play in sync. How is it that if my track is 90bpm I can layer samples over the beat that are at a slower BPM?

The chops don't have to be the same BPM, You just have to but them on the right place to make sense in the sequence, it's important that the chops you lay down are on beat.

Back