Beat Slicing Software Or VST

wizz kidd

Ok Guys, I've looked over Many Post and Couldnt Find What Im looking For, Any Ideas Would Be Great!!

1.I need to Be able to Chop my Sample in Beats, 1/8th, 1/16th etc...

2.I need Time Stretching, i.e I change the tempo and The Sample pitches up/down then I can Choose the slices I need.

3.I need to be able to export those Slices for use in Reason's NNXT

4.I Know Recycle Wont do what I want, Period!!! I've tried and It doesnt Work for what I need.

What I Do now....

I currently can Manually create slice Markers in Acid Pro after I find the Tempo I want, then Save the File, Then I load it in FL Studio's Slice EX and Export all those Chops. Pain in My A** and Also Acid Doesnt Work anymore for whatever Reason.

Any suggestions or Ideas WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Reason 6 and recycle. Chop in Recycle and load in NNXT. Play your chops, sample your chops, drag the sample to the sequencer, stretch it. One of my wants in R6 is stretching within a sampler.

Last edited:
But you cant chop bars, 1/16th, etc in recycle. you can choose grid but then id have 1000's of chops. I usually chop whole songs in bars. recycle wont do that for me.

But you cant chop bars, 1/16th, etc in recycle. you can choose grid but then id have 1000's of chops. I usually chop whole songs in bars. recycle wont do that for me.

If you have Reason 6 you can slice in the sequencer and change the pitch on the fly. As long as you know the bpm of the sample you can stretch them.

Last edited:
Ok, I tried that, but it wont Pitch the Sample up or Down When I Change The Tempo Automatically. The Pitch stays the same, This Almost works Aside from that Because when I slice them, they Become self contained samples. Still looking for something that Can automatically chop in Bars, 1/8th, 1/16. and Change pitch When I change the Tempo of THe Project.

Last edited:
Should work. Load up the song you want to chop, chop it up, and look in the top far right in the sequencer where it says transpose. For each slice move the transpose up or down til you have the pitch you want.

Back