Beat Review

D

Dj Nyce

Can Sumone review the beat on my soundclick page link in sig it called talk.

i know just thought id post it here since its my first sampled beat and you guys are the samplers.

i'm really liking this. this is tough. the sample is awesome, and i like the synths/keys. the only thing i didnt dig were those hi-hats in triple-time (or whatever you call it). If you layered them over a basic 4/4 it would make the whole track a lot smoother, something you can just nod your head to. the bass is good. the kick, either turn it up a bit or use a harder hitting one. keep up the good work.

and check me out if you want.
http://www.myspace.com/phaseonestl

p.s.
"reign" is really good, too.

Last edited:
Both of you Guys Make some ridculously crazy beats man Just the Mixing the Engineering on the Tracks is lovely, I dont mean to pry but what tips can you guys suggest for a new comer that interested in sampling and would like to filter my samples To give them a grungier feel.

well, it depends on what you make beats on and what you sample with. I usually just use the presets on my filter and tweak them from there. If you're looking for a grungy effect, try using overdrive or something. It also depends on what you're sampling. And even if you do have a crisp, clean sample, put some grimy drums and bass over it. hope this helps.

good stuff you can put the samps together well. its hard to hear that dj nyce sample over and over...

Talk It Over its good but the other guy was right those hats dont fit like the swing is off try doing it yourself or redoing and add some open hats too... simlarly u said i love the sample but its not that present right now
cleaning the hats would make it stand out
it overpowers what you have underneath. a different the synth lead or layering the lead u got would thicken it up
i like the drum programming tho

club shyt was my fave! nice work on this one its in your face.

reign was good but needs a key change to stand out imho, and maybe its my pc settings but the drums blatt like clipped... i think the kick is too strong in places for this beat its nice and smooth and a more subtle kick might emphasize the feeling of the nice bell synths

hope good things come your way

Back