Basslines

All depends on the sample, the bass in the sample and the beat I'm trying to create.
I'd say about 60% of my beats have a filtered bass line.

I have filtered bass lines out if samples in the past before. But most of the time nowadays, I will play my bass lines from scratch. I use scarbee mm bass... its a virtual bass guitar vst sample. I'll play my baseline on that and then filter it down the same way I would a sample. This way I get exactly what I want. I strongly recommend scarbeees bass vsts.

Both. If i can bring out the bass enough in EQ I'll filter but sometimes thats not always possible, especially if the samples is sitting on high a octave.

I have filtered bass lines out if samples in the past before. But most of the time nowadays, I will play my bass lines from scratch. I use scarbee mm bass... its a virtual bass guitar vst sample. I'll play my baseline on that and then filter it down the same way I would a sample. This way I get exactly what I want. I strongly recommend scarbeees bass vsts.

yeah.. this is what i do too..
a simple sinus wave, that I've sampled through the Roland S550.. to get the warmth and noise of the machine.. filter it.. play something.. voilaaa

Yeah, It depends on the sample, if it has enough bass in it i will filter, but if not i arrange my own bassline.

The way that I'm sampling now requires that I play them on my own. I know how to filter if need be, and sometimes I do. I just need to find a better "free" vsti that I can use. Anyone have any recommendations? I also have to figure out how to make my basslines more prevalent like Pete Rock and Kev Brown. They're basslines drive their beats!

Last edited:
Back