Bassline Help

Where did you see him asking how do you get a bass tone out of FL studio? He is asking what others use for their bass lines. the program does host VST's but that doesn't mean any and every VST is a great one. nothing wrong with getting opinions whats with the pompous attitudes on this site?

U do realize that u need a bass tone to make a bass line right? ANY synth can be used to make bass lines if u know how to use the synth and know how to process it afterwards thats why the question is so absurd. If u run a low pass filter on most things and compress it boost the make up gain u can make a bassline with a damn snare sample. Again its an absurd question. Use what u have to get what u need.

^^ Nah, looks like he was talking more bout the way you said it, otherwise he wouldn't have typed that.
I didn't say anything wrong rude or otherwise. I just didn't sugar coat it. I really feel its an asinine question. It would have been better maybe to ask how to make the kind of bassline he wants because literally most of this shit is the same.

Cop a P-Bass and descent pre-amp. Live bass is the only way to go!

There are lots of programs for bass sounds. It is best if you know something about the movement of roots in theory, but luckily programs will do it for you. 5 summers ago, I wanted to further my knowledge of creating effective bass lines. So, I pulled out my bass guitar and started to learn actual bass solos and watching tutorials - some by my favorite bassists like Jaco Pastorius and Victor Wooten (Marcus Miller too). I did know bass already, though not a whole ton...but let me say this. By the time you finish working out a bassline on a bass guitar all on your own, you will have gained new perspective to apply in the DAW. Every time. Even if you dont have a bass, STUDY BASS PLAYERS.

I'm sure there are other ways, but this is one of mine. I hope this is of some value to you!

You should consider live bass guitar. Some tracks really benefit from bass guitar. Just check out some of the hits that use bass guitar instead of synth bass. I did a track for a group called Five a while back called "Slam Dunk Da Funk". Imagine that on synth bass. Never would have happened. That's all Steinberger L2 bass guitar. Nothing hits like that. Check me out on Fiverr if you want pro bass lines on your track: fiverr.com/trkkazulu/play-bass-on-your-track

Back