Bad Pro Producers

I was listening to Galt MacDermot's "Coffee Cold" and then listened to HandsomeBoyModelingSchool's "The Truth" desperate attempt of sampling MacDermot's piece.

First off they sampled such a huge chunk from the original, including the drums. Then they added a hihat and open hihat part which does'nt add much flavor. I would have liked it if they added drums that blended more closely to the original.

The only thing I really like about is the woman singing on top, nice addition.

Tell me what you think.

Could you have done better ... Be serious.

Peace.

does this question include NO-NAMES like some on this site or others in the mainstream...like se7en who did joints for ja rule.....or R. Kelly ....OR SOME JOIINTS trackmasters produced or these mysto and pizzo characters on youtube.com ...maybe some neptunes joints.....the dude who did the Chamillionaire track "Riding dirty" that sh*T is garbage....or the dude who did any pretty ricky joint..them homo-thugs..anybody who copied timberland in the 90's with that stuttering kick/switch-up he would for his breakdowns ...the style wasnt even old and cats immediately started doing his breakdown and copying his style of beatmakiing ...how could they....one thing about hip hop now I can say is with swagger jackers...Originality is cheapened @ the expense of the creator and the listeners when you take a style and try to make ya own

Last edited:
For some reason, a lot of hip hop cats don't really understand the role of the "producer"... as timm stated, the beat maker is simply the programmer. A LOT of times, the programmer is also the producer, b/c he/she oversees the entire production of the song... the programmer will only hand the beat off and won't have any say in the outcome of the song...

lol i been producin 2 years longer than makin beats(used to show people how to structure verses and manipulate lyrics to make them sound good)

I guarantee you most of you can't make anything close to as hot as these people you named. I'm too busy trying to make myself better which takes understanding why these guys are hot commodities rather than finding flaws in them that apparently millions of fans disagree with. Just curious...what scale do you guys judge talent on?

timm said:
just because u make beats doesnt make u a producer thats called a programmer.
Actually beatmaking is a form of producing there's millions of ways to be a producer. You're dubbed the role of keyboardist or programmer when you sit behind an instrument and wait for orders. If you make the whole beat yourself or oversee the beat's creation you are the producer. You can take it a step further and oversee what's done with your beat, that's just being a better producer.

Last edited:
Back