Asio Help for MPD18

KeYeZ

wassup bros, i just got an mpd18 and
i set it up..loaded up the software and
linked it to fl just fine..i hit the pads and the samples play..
but my problem is when i go to record and i switch to the asio
driver i get this deep loud static type noise. can anybody help me with this problem ?

i think it has something to do with the input and output but idk
help me please lol.

How did you hook it up? USB?
What kind of soundcard do you have? Are you using Asio4all?
Why would you switch to ASIO only when recording?

just tryin to get some info

yeh its a usb controller
fl studio says i have to switch to asio4all v2 to record
and i have a soundmax digital audio sound card.

Inside FL studio go to options/audio and set asio4all v2 and everything must work - when i started i also used Fl with mpd and the same sound card, and everything worked for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
fasho ima try that

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

okay i switched it to asio and i went to record and l click record audio into the edison and after i clicked that a message pops up saying i need to select audio input and it starts making that noise again lol idk what the heck to do

asio is a sound driver. Your mpd is midi....they really should have nothing to do with each other. i have the mpd 16 and I dont use an asio driver. I have an interface so im not sure that makes a difference but maybe.

fasho ima try that

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

okay i switched it to asio and i went to record and l click record audio into the edison and after i clicked that a message pops up saying i need to select audio input and it starts making that noise again lol idk what the heck to do

Have asio4all on all the time if your soundmax card isn't asio, dont even use it just use asio4all or go buy a real asio soundcard but thats besides the point. Then for your problem with the audio input you just need to go to the mixer and select the input you want on atleast one track, its right above the inserts for effects.

Back