artwork of record covers

you wildin

when you go diggin' .. how much influence does the artwork of the cover play on your purchase ? if it's an artist i've never heard of before the artwork plays a big part in if i buy the record or not. how about you ?

yeah man.. a huge influence.. almost made me buy this one barbara streisand record

The highest influence, but I don't have a vinyl player so of course i'm diggin' for CDs.

I bought the weirdest ish diggin'.

Pretty big influence, if I see some
asfasach3.png
with a cowboy hat on it I'm not even going to bother. :cheers:

Last edited:
Diaz said:
Pretty big influence, if I see some
asfasach3.png
with a cowboy hat on it I'm not even going to bother. :cheers:

Country is great for sampling, man. If you sample the right songs, of course...

:cheers:

Artwork is essential to the:Diggin Process.....cuz this album i looked for one time was right on one of them sites...anyway the artist name is Larry Coryell (see crazy cover) but my thoughtz go further when you look at a group called/sh*T came out in 58' called YMA samba(see cover of this girl runnin from a yetti with barely no clothes) sh*T is ill...alot of jazz/fusion/and rock all have great covers..so when diggin yeah artwork carries it to the turntable ...

Yeah the cover totally has an influence on me as well, there should be a rule the music has to be as good as the cover because I have some great covers with not so great music. But for the sake of art they are beutiful things.

i was at a local record shop with my friend the other day, i ended up spendin' my last 6 dollars on these 2 record by Love And Kisses. the covers were dope to me. on one cover there's a chick that's naked on a unicorn in the middle of a forest, and the other has a chick havin' her shirt pulled and ripped by a group of people. one of my favorites tho' is the shaft in africa soundtrack. richard roundtree looks crazy as hell on the cover.

Back