Any way to sync an acapella to a faster tempo ACCURATELY?

chenathan

I am having issues with Ableton's warping technology when it comes to warping the 100-ish bpm "Love Lockdown" acapella by Kanye West to 128 bpm. The tricky part is that all of his verses start at x:4:00, or the 4th quarter of each bar. It is hard to add transient markers where you hear it, although I have tried. I can get like the first 8 down to match Ableton's metronome at 128 bpm, but then the rest is either too fast or too slow. I've been doing this stuff part-time for over a year now, and I don't wanna be a noob about it but are there other better ways? I really want to TRY to stick to Ableton's warping though, so does anyone have tips with this? Should I just painstakingly add markers wherever I feel is suitable for the whole acapella? This would take me a long time, but I'm sure I will be able to nail it. Thanks!

I don't use Live but I have a few techniques for using one event as a reference point so I can edit another, I tend to vary what I do based on the task at hand but one such technique is this...Make a stereo track with vocals on the left channel and beats on the right so that your software can position markers to the beat's transients rather than the transients of the vocals, then simply mute/discard the right channel with the beats leaving just the vocals.

I would try to use the "warp from here (straight)" function and see if you can just tweak the warping to get it perfect. I would be willing to bet that acapella should be consistent throughout in tempo. Then it is just a matter of getting your start point at the correct spot so that it drops in correctly.

Control - click on a warp marker on a Mac to do this. Not sure about a PC but maybe right click?

Just an idea to try. Hope it works for you.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Otherwise Yes, I have had to go through entire acapellas to warp them properly with warp markers throughout.

Back