another question

W

Whytemic

how do you go about removing vocals from mp3 sampling. im new to sampling so i dont have much knowledge but any input would be great so my brain can soak up info.

I tried to answer your other post, but the 'free' requirement kinda threw me, but for what it's worth, here's what I think you need to make dope beats on the cheap...

- computer w/ internet (you got that) and speakers
- m-audio (or similar) midi keyboard (will connect to your comp via USB)
- simple audio recording & editing software (you could use system software built-in to your comp, it's on every pc or mac)
- Reason 3.0

The keyboard will cost $125-$200. Reason software cost $500, but it's all over file-sharing programs if you're a thief. But you're going to purchase the program one day right? Right.

So for the initial outlay of $125-$200 for a midi keyboard, you can have the type of studio that would have cost more than $10,000 only 10 years ago. It doesn't get any easier than this, but it can be a lot harder. Try Reason and a midi keyboard, you won't regret it.

oh yeah..
Whytemic said:
how do you go about removing vocals from mp3 sampling.

you don't!:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the input man, i was acually thinking of investing in a keyboard within the next week or so.

cool! it's just up to you how extravagent you want the midi keyboard...61 keys all the way up to pricey 88 weighted-keys. They also have some new ones that are really small with only 25 keys, but I'd stay away from those.

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.list&ID=midikeyboardcontrollers

This page has a bunch of different ones, I think the one you want is the Radium 61...the other just have more midi controller knobs (that you never use) on them, or they have a built-in soundcard (which you don't want), or they are weighted keys, which I also wouldn't get. That radium has a list price of $229, so you should be able to get it anywhere for $150. My friend has it and it's cheap and good and works instantly with Reason.

Back