Amount of records/beats??

henkhakkebar

Superproducer
So I've just started digging have found some interesting stuff to make beats with, but I was wondering how many records do you people buy, before you have found something you're going to sample? Of course it varies alot, but on average what would it be?

Super hard to say depends on how good of a digger you are. Research records then buy them for better results

Every Album has at least ONE dope sample...

Until you learn more about music, famous record labels, famous studio musicians and record producers and can look on an albums credits and recognize the names. I advise you to invest in the NUMARK portable battery powered turntable, so you can preview the sounds and stop guessing as to whether your gunna dig what you jus dug, feel me?

I think "easy listening" and Instrumental pop songs are heavily underated...

What Xabiton said is very crucial. If you're just blindly picking records (which is not necessarily wrong at all) you're probably going to experience a longer searching time for samples. But if you're really aware of what kind of stuff you like and choose the right records, you'll probably find samples quite easily.

With that said, it varies a lot for me. I only dig once every 2-3 weeks (10-15 records each time). To find a sample I want to work with, it'll take anywhere from 30 minutes to a few days. On average I'd say it's somewhere between 1-6 hours. I actually listen to my records, I don't just skim through them looking for samples.

Until you learn more about music, famous record labels, famous studio musicians and record producers and can look on an albums credits and recognize the names. I advise you to invest in the NUMARK portable battery powered turntable, so you can preview the sounds and stop guessing as to whether your gunna dig what you jus dug, feel me?

I think "easy listening" and Instrumental pop songs are heavily underated...
I have had a lot of albums that do not have any dope samples.

Depends on the person, I can pick up any record (genre doesn't matter) and sample elements from it and create tracks.

For me I just cop the oldies that I like. I prefer to listen to music on vinyl vs digital stuff, so I usually go record shopping for classic sounds for listening pleasure and If i hear something I could work with then it's a double win.

Back