Alchemist VS. 9th Wonder.... Which One???

Alchemist Vs. 9th Wonder

• Alchemist

Votes: 47 54.7%
  • 9th Wonder

Votes: 39 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
damn lol... do i smell a hater?? lol jp wut don't u like bout em??

lol naw im not hating, i just wanted to say that. i like both of them, im just not really into the whole grimey sounding, sample based production (please excuse me if im wrong about them). id much rather have some justice league lol

if 9th wonder is so sick why doesnt he produce for nebody except underground rappers and backpackers that love beats that sound like they were mixed by having a homo sit on the knob board and randomly sit and spin for 10 minutes?

if 9th wonder is so sick why doesnt he produce for nebody except underground rappers and backpackers that love beats that sound like they were mixed by having a homo sit on the knob board and randomly sit and spin for 10 minutes?

Hold Up, 9th is 1 of the most well known Producers in the Hip-Hop Industry
I mean Murs, Buckshot, Boot Camp Click are maybe Underground but def the more very Well-Known Artists in the Underground. (they are more like the mainstream of the underground)

I just looked into his Credits and he has produced for very Well-Known Artists like:

Jay-Z, Destiny's Child, Sean Price, M.O.P., Mary J. Blige, De La Soul, Masta Ace, Lloyd Banks.

Last edited:
mark1234 said:
Hold Up, 9th is 1 of the most well known Producers in the Hip-Hop Industry

hahahaha, yeah, by internet dudes that hop on his cack cuz he uses FL

mark1234 said:
Jay-Z, Destiny's Child, Sean Price, M.O.P., Mary J. Blige, De La Soul, Masta Ace, Lloyd Banks

jay-z, his beat was the worst on the black album...lloyd banks he did one song with, and that beat was trash...destiny's child he only had a few and they werent singles...who the **** is sean price

the dude's trash...you know how i know? cuz he spends half his time remixing jigga songs cuz he cant get a slot on his album

the only rappers on there that are even an accomplishment to produce for are jigga and banks and i guess destiny's child, cuz they are the only ones outta there that dont love rapping over 9th's garbage type of beats...yeah im sorry but the whole ****ty quality sample - beat category isnt that freakin hard to make, cuz none of ur sounds even need to be eq'd half the time cuz 'its grimey'...and he has one song with jigga and one with banks...should we throw out a list of other dudes that got one song they produced for these two and start thinking they are good too?

95% of his production is 'underground' artists cuz all but like 5 of his beats havent been industry quality, period.

jay-z, his beat was the worst on the black album...lloyd banks he did one song with, and that beat was trash...destiny's child he only had a few and they werent singles...who the **** is sean price

the dude's trash...you know how i know? cuz he spends half his time remixing jigga songs cuz he cant get a slot on his album

the only rappers on there that are even an accomplishment to produce for are jigga and banks and i guess destiny's child, cuz they are the only ones outta there that dont love rapping over 9th's garbage type of beats...yeah im sorry but the whole ****ty quality sample - beat category isnt that freakin hard to make, cuz none of ur sounds even need to be eq'd half the time cuz 'its grimey'...and he has one song with jigga and one with banks...should we throw out a list of other dudes that got one song they produced for these two and start thinking they are good too?

95% of his production is 'underground' artists cuz all but like 5 of his beats havent been industry quality, period.

Well, in the Hip-Hop World 9th is def 1 of the most well known Producers.
Im not sayin he's the best cause i actually think 9th is a bit overrated as well
IMO there are cats out there better than him you dont see on anybody's Top 10 List.
But im personally a big fan of the Sampled Sound.
All the Hip-Hop i listen is pretty much Sampled.

Last edited:

I get that you don't like 9th Wonder, but damn, homie, you're for real GOING IN on him.

Also, he's produced a joint on Luda's last album ("Do The Right Thing" w/ Common), won a Grammy in 2005 for his production on Mary J's single ("Good Woman Down"), produced Erykah Badu's lead single from her last album ("Honey"), just did a joint with David Banner, and is currently working with Nas.

Maybe his style isn't for you, by to try and discredit his sound by taking shots at who he's produced for is a little crazy.

Last edited:
I get that you don't like 9th Wonder, but damn, homie, you're for real GOING IN on him.

Also, he's produced a joint on Luda's last album ("Do The Right Thing" w/ Common), won a Grammy in 2005 for his production on Mary J's single ("Good Woman Down"), produced Erykah Badu's lead single from her last album ("Honey"), just did a joint with David Banner, and is currently working with Nas.

Maybe his style isn't for you, by to try and discredit his sound by taking shots at who he's produced for is a little crazy.

Real Talk

And I know some of the best producers who dont have any big production credits at all.
A big production credit doesnt make you immediatly 1 of the best producers.
I mean the "A Milli" beat lil wayne rapped on was way worse than anything 9th ever produced.
That was really trash.
But that cat def got a major production credit for it.

^dont get it twisted, bangledesh is a MONSTER and his **** is on a whole different sound, ie timbo...and most of what i've heard from his wasnt sampled...

same **** different day is one of my favorite beats...that **** gets me hyped

9th wonder I love Al and it hurts me to say this but 9th just brings that feeling through his sample chops. Al is a beast do not get me wrong Al made classics but, I feel when it comes to both toe to toes 9th by a hair.

95% of his production is 'underground' artists cuz all but like 5 of his beats haven't been industry quality, period.
does it really matter what genre he produces more in. obviously hes doing something right working with david banner, big sean, mike posner, monica, m.o.p., ludacris, pete rock. hes gotten the okay from legdens in the game. Dj premier, just blaze, pharrell, pete rock etc. i understand what your saying with the quality but music is music last time i checked trance, trip hop, pop, international etc music all have different quality. the end result is if its good music or not and thats for the masses to judge.

If this thread is about that battle mixtape, 9th wins..But overall gotta go wit a-a-alche-a-a-aa-a-aa-alchemist

does it really matter what genre he produces more in. obviously hes doing something right working with david banner, big sean, mike posner, monica, m.o.p., ludacris, pete rock. hes gotten the okay from legdens in the game. Dj premier, just blaze, pharrell, pete rock etc. i understand what your saying with the quality but music is music last time i checked trance, trip hop, pop, international etc music all have different quality. the end result is if its good music or not and thats for the masses to judge.

Damn, I forgot all about it that 9th worked with Pete Rock & Just Blaze.
I mean if Pete Rock says your **** is Dope you must be doing something real Good.

^dont get it twisted, bangledesh is a MONSTER and his **** is on a whole different sound, ie timbo...and most of what i've heard from his wasnt sampled...

same **** different day is one of my favorite beats...that **** gets me hyped

Well, you might like him
But i know he produced "A Milli" & "Diva" for Beyonce and those 2 Beats sound almost the same and are straight-up Trash.
I dont hear any musicality in those Beats.
Dont get me wrong cause thats the only 2 Beats i know from Bang.
He might got some good **** I havent heard.

Well, you might like him
But i know he produced "A Milli" & "Diva" for Beyonce and those 2 Beats sound almost the same and are straight-up Trash.
I dont hear any musicality in those Beats.
Dont get me wrong cause thats the only 2 Beats i know from Bang.
He might got some good **** I havent heard.
Bangladesh is dope, but him and 9th are 2 different producers, musically.

I'm sure you've heard more of Bangladesh's stuff:

Ludacris -- "What's Your Fantasy", "Freaky Things" & a slew of his other, earlier stuff.

He also produced on 8Ball & MJG's first Bad Boy album ("You Don't Want Drama" & "Forever" < which is my personal favorite of his)

Dang calling 9th trash is pretty different. Everyone is subject to their own opinion but like he says (in every interview) "if people want the 9th sound, that's what I am gonna give em".
Alc is a hott producer, but 9th gets my vote. Alc gets the nudge on quality and versatility (in sound) but 9th has quantity and consistency. I admit 9th will 2-4 snare your ->ssa-< to def though.

even tho 9th is nice with the chops, this is why al is the king of chopping

anytime i make beats like that first video i come out of it feeling that it sounds too 'choppy' and end up scrappin it, guess i'll have to keep all the beats im not feelin from now on lol

its crazy, a couple of flips i've posted up here that i thought were sub par got good feedback...i guess that is what this site is for, get more opinions than just your own, and u might be surprised

Back