Akai Developing A New MPC

InVision

so i took a trip over to guitar center yesterday and was looking at the 1000 again... i managed to bargain the guy down to selling me one brand new for 500 bones. unfortunately i didn't get it. lol. waiting for my tax return to come in. so anyways, i noticed the price of the machine was dropping and asked the manager why that was. apparently the mpc 1000 is being discontinued and a new version of it will be released sometime this summer. anyone heard anything on this? maybe an article with some pics of what it's going to look like?

hmmmmm...i'll keep my eyes/ears open......

so what u aint checkin for the beat thang?!?

Last edited:
why fix it if it ain't broken?
because its probably time to update it. The 1000 has had more longevity than any other mpc on the market. It lasted production for almost 10 years. The others lasted 5 tops. Its just time for a new machine. I am interested to see what akai comes up with but I dont see myself upgrading from my 2000

word. i'm just kind of curious. i'm not interested at all in purchasing the updated one. from my experience as well as some friends who have worked with mpcs, these newer ones are garbage. such as the 5000.

because its probably time to update it. The 1000 has had more longevity than any other mpc on the market. It lasted production for almost 10 years. The others lasted 5 tops. Its just time for a new machine. I am interested to see what akai comes up with but I dont see myself upgrading from my 2000

2010 - 2005 = 10 years?

2010 - 2005 = 10 years?

You thinking about the 500.

Edit. Either wiki got it right, or I remember seeing somebody with one like 02'. I don't remember the 500 coming......................wait.....................yeah you are right. No....didn't they change the 1000 to new color in 05? I'mma shut up, never mind me.

Last edited:
Yeah the MPC 1000 been out maybe a little over 5 years

anyways, the NI Maschine is going to take over.

Im saving up for one right after i get a new pc

Yeah the MPC 1000 been out maybe a little over 5 years

anyways, the NI Maschine is going to take over.

Im saving up for one right after i get a new pc

Maschine is cool. But tbh, I dont think it'll be taking anything over. If that were the case, the vast selection of software & MIDI controllers should have been done it. Really the all-in-one solutions like Miko/Niko & dBeat have a better chance in taking over IMHO. I myself am all software+MIDI, but I do see the benefit of hardware -- its just another one of those preference things.

Linn Drum 2 FTW.

Isnt that coming with Detox? :cheers:

I don't see the need to release a new 1000. Truley. Just put JJ os on it, and it's all the MPC you'll ever need. lol. I wouldn't upgrade unless mine breaks.

BUT if they were to release a new one. I'd like to see them make it more similar to the 2500. I wouldn't be surprised if the NEW mpc replaces the 2500 and not the 1000 (I seen that sweetwater removed the 2500 from their site and they usually do that right before they pull shit outta production) I could see them dropping prices on the 1000 because the new MPC is going to be cheaper than the 2500, thus making the 1000 cheaper??? I don't know. Just babble. lol

Some things I'd like to see on the MPC 1500 (new name???):

-Higher sequencer resolution: give us 64th notes!
-Give it a BLUE screen, I hate that green. I'm a get me that white screen from the mpcstuff here soon.
-Make the screen HINGED, is it that hard?
-Give it the sliders from the 2500 (and others) they are sooo much easier to use
-Give it the GOOD jog dial, PLEASE
-Make sure the pads aren't crap BEFORE you put it out
-BUY JJ OS from that Japanese kid for a couple million (he deserves it) and put it on there, he made the MPC 1000 WAY better. (or just buy a copy and jock all the features, cuz either way I want it on there stock)
-AND MORE MIDI OUTS, I CAN'T HAVE ENOUGH MIDI OUTS!!!

Do that and I'll buy it for whatever they price it at.

Oh one more thing.... give internal sata conections and not IDE so I can use a solid state drive....

That's all.

That 2500SE has been out for a while. It's just a 2500 "Special Edition" with different colors and that gay carbon fiber shit. Oh and it comes with a hard drive and CD drive stock. Thats all.

And btw, I've NEVER felt limited by my MPC (with the exception of the sequeencer resolution. which is a very easy workaround, and I only need 64th notes every once in a while) I went the software route, and I can't stand the way a PC makes me work. I get blocked from what I was initially trying to do. If you like software use it.

Back