adding reverb to sampled drums

F

FADERPHYSICS

why do people add reverb to sampled drums? And how do they do this software wise? im on a mac -

thanks

I put a hint of reverb on drums just to give it a more fluid, "wet" feel. This works especially well if you're using kicks or snares that sound like hard smacks. You can go a bit overboard with it though.
Peace

it's also good cus alot of sampled drums r cut close and reverb helps it from sounding like theres no silenece after the drum which sounds bad most of the time.

Yea especially if you use breaks, which I usually do. Though with your concern bobsmitt, I juss change the way the sample is cut if its cut too close.

There's already an organic feel to it - I also add some delay in the sends, a very small hint of it, juss to give the drums a more rounded feel to em. I like robust sounding drums, especially if its a track that has banging drums on em, you definitely want to fill em out.

Btw, anyone know any good sites to get some breaks? It can be in any format, wavs, or chopped, rx2 etc... Lookin to horde some more breaks.

Back