Adding Real Instruments to an Mpc 2000xl

i used to have a mpc 500 and with that i could hear my sequence while recording in a sample off my bass guitar, it might be real simple but is there any way to do this on the 2000xl

I'm not sure cause I can't on my 1000 (free JJ OS), but I know you can on the 2500 I can't remember what the feature is called specifically though. Where you can record "real instruments" vocals whatever right from the main screen. Were you able to do that on the 500? I think you may just have to go to the RECORD screen..

Not possible. If you want to record live instruments while listening to your MPC sequences, the easiest way would be recording the instruments straight to your DAW.

I'm not sure cause I can't on my 1000 (free JJ OS), but I know you can on the 2500 I can't remember what the feature is called specifically though. Where you can record "real instruments" vocals whatever right from the main screen. Were you able to do that on the 500? I think you may just have to go to the RECORD screen..

I can do it on my mpc1k but I got jjos1,
go the mixer mode, there will be a tab input (I think, if not then it the next one to the right).
you ll see an option: input through
just turn it on and there you go, you ll be able to hear the input from the main screen.

the only thing to bear in mind is when you have a lot of sample loaded/playing it might freeze for a quick sec like buffer overflow effect

I can do it on my mpc1k but I got jjos1,
go the mixer mode, there will be a tab input (I think, if not then it the next one to the right).
you ll see an option: input through
just turn it on and there you go, you ll be able to hear the input from the main screen.

the only thing to bear in mind is when you have a lot of sample loaded/playing it might freeze for a quick sec like buffer overflow effect

Mine never freeze.. But dude tryna record it not just hear it. I've only seen it on the 2500. I don't think even the best JJ OS can do it, but I ain't got it so I'm not sure..

Back