9th wonders equipment!

Gee-Whiz said:
Yo you from maryland man. You know Oddisee. You peep his article in this issue of scratch my man's comin up.

Yeah, am from Maryland man, Lexington Park. I heard of Oddisee, which issue is he in?

Mainboi23SX said:
Yeah, am from Maryland man, Lexington Park. I heard of Oddisee, which issue is he in?

He's in the newest one with Just Blaze and Saigon on the cover. Young is dope.

Whiz

Aight looking at it right now, ahven't got much time to check it out, 1.

I never seen dude before, but yeah i guess his dad not mad at him now...

Last edited:
My man started a little label out there Halftooth Records. google it. He got an artist Ken Starr, he stay out in DC. My man is rediculous. My team member Young Cee got a couplke of joints on the album. Check it at your earliest convenience.

Peace

Whiz

who the gives a flying **** what his wack ass is using. he aint nothing but a computer toy boy fcuk 9th wonderless

Last edited by a moderator:
9th is better than khrysis ... i know it might sound like the cool thing to say since 9th is more propular...but there is a reason why 9th is sought out like he is ...he is a beat...you can make a whole catolougue off the beats that have been bootlegged off the internet alone.

anyways what does he mean when he says this?

“I learned this from producer J Dilla: Move your hi-hats, slidin' your hi-hats on the scale,”............?

dilla means shifting the timing of your hi hats if your using the mpc which gives u more of a human feel on the drum. its different on each mpc. which mpc are u using

Last edited by a moderator:
loopster said:
who the gives a flying **** what his wack ass is using. he aint nothing but a computer toy boy fcuk 9th wonderless
You know that this both sentences totally contradict each other, don't you? lol

I know on 2000xl you highlight the note value in the timing field and press open window. In this next screen you can adjust the note value and swing % in the right hand corner.

9th is better in my opinion, but Khrysis ain't too far behind. The statements based solely on preference. I could easily listen to an argument going the other way. They both use the same ish and work together so its more than likely there styles are going to be similar. But 9th is wack just cause he uses fruity loops? Please. You can do the same ish on FL as you can on anything else, comin from someone that has an MPC and can't fcuk with FL. The homie is dope. Period.

Last edited:
sorry homie im on an XL but ive heard something bout changing the swing on FL which i think gives u the same effect. to give u an idea i shift the timming of the snare to sooner and the hi hat to later and it gives it that classic hip hop swing. Dilla's **** is bangin on the swing but all the kats like Primo, PR, Large Pro shift the timing of their drums. Dont forget Dilla was using a MPC3000 which has that roger linn template but u can make any mpc sound this way. in Reason hit the shuffle button on the ReDrum and it gives u the same effect. Kats like Madlib shift their stuff more which gives it that sort of off beat feel. what your ultimate goal is to try to make this machine sound more like a human than what it really is a ****ing computer

just delay hats

to delay the hats between how they will sound with drums & bassline to get a more " drummer in the studio " feel.....that's how you multi - up on ya hats plus if you soften on of your hats every 2 3 measures it gives the beat depth

Back