9th Wonder Question

ReggieWilson19

What kind of bass does he use in his beats it's the same in each one but I just can't figure out which kind/type it is if someone could help that would be greatly appreciated

This question has been already discussed quite a few times.

Answer? Fruity Loops' stock sounds.

9th is very simple.. but come on y'all.. .the knigga actually plays drums ... I think you all overthink and underestimate what he knows. Much of his basslines are from the sample; however, he does play his own basses also ... he doesn't tell the average person everything he uses ... lets be for real ... lol even beginners change up shyt ..LMAO!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, he does uses the bass underneath sample too. Everydoes, but 9th does it with a EEEE! His CHOPPING EAR is your FAVORITE PRODUCERS STYLE and L love the very simple MONO techinque too.

Why not ask 9Th himself over at hiphopgame.com?

Everyone else is basically speculating.

Not for nothin', but that fruity loops base is vicious and 9th definitely used on the listening and beats surrounding it. But in recent installments it would seem that he is relying on sampling his base sounds.

kazin187 said:
Why not ask 9Th himself over at hiphopgame.com?

Everyone else is basically speculating.

Not really. If I remember right, a friend of his (or at most, someone who knew/met him) gave the information out. Right here on fp.

But the funny thing is everybody is trying to use those stock sounds now - mostly with pretty bad results.

Back