808 Sample packs you swear by?

CowboyClyde

I'm looking to buy or find a sample pack with stellar 808 kicks. Any recommendations or drum packs that you've found to be exceptionally awesome?

Thanks

I don't use anything but easy to find free drum samples. EQing and processing can take a crappy kick 1000 miles. Anyone that 'swears by' something as simple as a kick sample pack is most likely doing it wrong.

Starting in the right place takes a ton away from the process, but its not necessary to get a good sound. Learn how to make a garbage kick good and you'll be able to make a good kick gold.

Last edited:
I have great 808s I have collected over the years from many packs. If u want for a cost my email is indie.e.sounds gmail

good point. But I mean regardless, you still want to start with good samples to get good sounding kicks.
I have been practicing polishing my kick samples but even with shitty samples, no matter what I do, they still sound bad.

I have great 808s I have collected over the years from many packs. If u want for a cost my email is indie.e.sounds gmail

**** this guy, ill send you my entire 20gb sample library that I've been collecting for free if you want(all free samples you can get online anyway). I just organized all the drum hits too so they are all accessible easily without having to sort through the different folders. But i also left the different folders so you knew where each sample came from.

only reason I'm doing it is cuz Mr.5 posts just showed up and tried selling samples he probably got for free and it annoyed me haha

PM me email.

Ohh btw, its more than drums, tons of FX and stuff too. Its a full library just everything free Ive been able to find.

Last edited:
**** this guy, ill send you my entire 20gb sample library that I've been collecting for free if you want(all free samples you can get online anyway). I just organized all the drum hits too so they are all accessible easily without having to sort through the different folders. But i also left the different folders so you knew where each sample came from.

only reason I'm doing it is cuz Mr.5 posts just showed up and tried selling samples he probably got for free and it annoyed me haha

PM me email.

Ohh btw, its more than drums, tons of FX and stuff too. Its a full library just everything free Ive been able to find.

holy shit, that would be amazing! PM'd!

PM me email.

So basically if I didn't post anything you wouldn't have offered anything. That's terrible
.. For the record I've bought packs

So basically if I didn't post anything you wouldn't have offered anything. That's terrible
.. For the record I've bought packs

Of course i wouldn't have posted anything. Im not going around giving away samples because its fun. Im giving them away because you tried selling yours and annoyed me. Could have just as easily gave them to him but you just jump right onto trying to sell them to him.

Nothing wrong with that, you don't have to be giving away free samples. But I can.

Last edited:
Well I value my work, my work has value. I'll im saying is u should make a post giving away your drums to everyone. Or do u need me to do it first? cus I will do it if it will motivate you to do somethin for the people. Mr Non proactive

I'll im saying is u should make a post giving away your drums to everyone.
But I'm not giving my drums away to everyone.

Just to the guy who you wanted some enough to pay some random dude on a forum for a library.

Last edited:
Not sure what the guy who's giving you his drums has, but I use the Zaytoven drum kit (mostly just for my kicks) and they sound pretty damn good, I will say there will be some tweaking involved to get the sound you want but once you do, they sound fantastic! Good luck on the hunt amigo.

I don't use anything but easy to find free drum samples. EQing and processing can take a crappy kick 1000 miles. Anyone that 'swears by' something as simple as a kick sample pack is most likely doing it wrong.

Starting in the right place takes a ton away from the process, but its not necessary to get a good sound. Learn how to make a garbage kick good and you'll be able to make a good kick gold.
The final sound is all that matters. Every beat maker does not enjoy the mixing process. So to start off with cleaner sounds is ideal for some.

To OP, you have to use your own ear. Go to prime loops or superstar o or whoever, they offer previews to their kits before you buy them. Hours of sorting through kits for the right sounds is a part of being a beat maker.

Goldbaby samples are good

the tape808 is the best 808 pack for everything except kicks. the kicks are garbage IMO. i think it's because he actually used the 808 drum machine and kept it true to the machine. a lot of "808" booms aren't actually 808s. for the kicks i like producers choice 808 warfare, which is ONLY booms, and comes with a few kontakt 808 kicks.

Back