2000 audio clips of rare funk and soul

D

DefOne4Lyfe

I just ran across this amazing resource. It's literally a journey into an era of great funk and funkadelic history with the click of a mouse.

http://www.funk45.com/

I only browsed for an hour or so but these samples are amazing. Their all encoded in low quality and not ment to be ripped, but more for education. You can contribute too.

I'm sure a few record digging heads will find this absolutely amazing. :cheers:

Peace

I checks some these out, like he said most if not all are usless to sample IMO, did anyone search enough to find some that are usefull, or does everyone think it could be nice to just use the peoples names etyc as things to look for when digging?..

for the inexperienced.....if you try and purchase some of the rarer selections ....your going to pay upwards from 100-400 dollars for 1 45......yes....ONE...45 record....

welcome to my world.....

:)

Paying 400 is a little to much for a 45, unless you know what your getting and its for sure gouing to be worth it in the end....

And if you dig enough im sure you can come across some of the rarer ones cheaper and peep ebay and other places. Its alk about looking around and checking places and online.

of course you can find anything if you search hard enough.....you may come across that 400 dollar record....2.....3...years after you first see it for 5 bucks....

again.......its all circumstance

I think in the next few years I'll be in that realm. I'm kinda lookin forward to hunting down rarities, but I'm definitely not looking forward to the price.

For sure, i was just making it clear, to other that...are prolly thinking DAMN i need to spend that much to get rare ****. But i understand what you mean, digging taks time and can be very rewarding in the end. But sometimes that one record could be one you juts have to have and be worth almost any amount of money...

But sometimes that one record could be one you juts have to have and be worth almost any amount of money...

Yo man, i'm totally curious as to what would make you want a specific record SO badly. Believe me i'm not trying to make fun of you in any way, i'm just curious as to what it is in that record that makes it worth so much. Is it a certain melody that you could sample and you know it'd be a great song? Certain breaks, maybe your just collecting to resell later on? i'm interested though, hit me back.

"Is it a certain melody that you could sample and you know it'd be a great song? Certain breaks, maybe your just collecting to resell later on"

ALL OF THAT, BUT MAILY THE BREAKS AND OR MELODYS ON SOME RECORDS ARE PRICELESS.

I think of it this way tho, even if you have the greatest record greatest melody, and you dont know how to make a great beat/song with it then....its worthless..

But then again, with the money you pay for these records you coudl pay someone to replay the sample, etc. Its all in prefrence, but i have my eyes open for a few records lol

Back