1st Crack @ Sampling in Reason 4

booma_Musik

soo I JUST completed the move from FL Studio 9 to Reason 4. I started out w chopping up a sample I found here (i lost the i.d., you should be able to recognize it if you pay attention to most of the "flip" threads) over a simple drum pattern, just to get a feel for the program. this was the result. haha, I'm kinda just goofing off here, but I'd still appreciate any feedback whatsoever. I'm actually at the crossroads of deciding whether or not I should take what I came up w. here & going back to it to make an actual beat. what do you guys think?

it's the featured video on my youtube..peep:

https://www.youtube.com/user/qszproductions

Last edited:
Nice to see someone change to reason!!!! You will like it alot better!!! I would use the NNXT device or the dr rex. 1 reason is you can control your samples alot better.

I am ALREADY likin' it a lot better ha ha, no disrespect to FL heads.

---------- Post added 03-15-2010 at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-14-2010 at 06:13 PM ----------

damn no input?

1st off the beat is not crackk not too burst your bubble an second off you have an mpc 1000 in front of you you idiot - 3rd fools like u talk down on equipment cause u have no know knoledge that can help you get over that thought most intelligent people if they see a challenge they imbrace the trial an tribulations of a certain device u on thee other hand you jus say to your self fl wac an reason is doper nope its all in your head cause your the one with no talent an no creativity most intelligent thrive for challenges like fl -its how to make it sound like what it doesnt- like 9th wonder inspired thousands if not millions of broke producers who saw a way to make a generic software sound like a name brand peice refering to mpc feel- he tackled the learning curve that others tend to hate - but all fl known users love -your preception is badly distorted its the learning curve that attracts intellingent people who munipulate it to there preference in order to make it sound a certain way with out waisten hundreds of dollars on something you can imitate.jus try to make fl not sound like fl is a challenge within itsellf - enuff said- peace

Last edited:
WTF HOMIE! :bigeyes:

you gotta call me an idiot? a fool? say that I have no knowledge? no talent, creativity? where was I even talking' down equiptment? something tells me you're not too popular here. you took my preference to Reason 4 WAY to personally man. It's just the internet. Chill the **** out on the coffee before you log into FP! LOL

ill take that mpc1000 if u aint usin it lol
lol, I do use it, mostly to bang out drums, but I still haven't figured out how to sync it with Reason/FL Studio. (either/or honestly, Idc I'll use either program at the end of the day). Which is Idk why the **** thetruth freaked out in his post over me "talking down" equipment lol. I ****s w. it all!

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

1st off the beat is not crackk not too burst your bubble an second off you have an mpc 1000 in front of you you idiot - 3rd fools like u talk down on equipment cause u have no know knoledge that can help you get over that thought most intelligent people if they see a challenge they imbrace the trial an tribulations of a certain device u on thee other hand you jus say to your self fl wac an reason is doper nope its all in your head cause your the one with no talent an no creativity most intelligent thrive for challenges like fl -its how to make it sound like what it doesnt- like 9th wonder inspired thousands if not millions of broke producers who saw a way to make a generic software sound like a name brand peice refering to mpc feel- he tackled the learning curve that others tend to hate - but all fl known users love -your preception is badly distorted its the learning curve that attracts intellingent people who munipulate it to there preference in order to make it sound a certain way with out waisten hundreds of dollars on something you can imitate.jus try to make fl not sound like fl is a challenge within itsellf - enuff said- peace
please, god. Learn how to structure your paragraphs, & complete a thought before you move onto the next sentence for a change. Talkin' about intelligence & **** :bigeyes:

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

yeah sell it too me i sold my 1000 an 500 cause the recession hit me hard - oh well - i still got my sp an 950-
well, if I can ask you a question w/o you blowing the **** up @ me LOL, did you ever figure out how to get it synced w. Reason and/or FL Studio? I'm ****in' stuck here.

lol, I do use it, mostly to bang out drums, but I still haven't figured out how to sync it with Reason/FL Studio. (either/or honestly, Idc I'll use either program at the end of the day). Which is Idk why the **** thetruth freaked out in his post over me "talking down" equipment lol. I ****s w. it all!

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

please, god. Learn how to structure your paragraphs, & complete a thought before you move onto the next sentence for a change. Talkin' about intelligence & **** :bigeyes:

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

well, if I can ask you a question w/o you blowing the **** up @ me LOL, did you ever figure out how to get it synced w. Reason and/or FL Studio? I'm ****in' stuck here.
dont get get all hot headed im jus sheeden some light dont be blind sided by truthfullness you jus do you - if you werent so ignorant you would mention switchen to software to software - personaly i find incompent losers like yourself funny an entertaining cause my mental capacity jus laughs inside when lil brains like yourself start werking overtime lol it shows true character how you present yourself you dont post here an dont your waisten your time jus do beats an avoid fp or i'll let you know how the harshness of the truth well knock you into reality sucker so if i was u i would jus think twice before postn again - your my entertainment -lol stupid dummies-

an please next time dont use the lords name in vain its a 'sin '

Last edited:
Pretty sweet beat. I like the up tempo dance type feel.
Sample sounds nice pitched down too.

dont get get all hot headed im jus sheeden some light dont be blind sided by truthfullness you jus do you - if you werent so ignorant you would mention switchen to software to software - personaly i find incompent losers like yourself funny an entertaining cause my mental capacity jus laughs inside when lil brains like yourself start werking overtime lol it shows true character how you present yourself you dont post here an dont your waisten your time jus do beats an avoid fp or i'll let you know how the harshness of the truth well knock you into reality sucker so if i was u i would jus think twice before postn again - your my entertainment -lol stupid dummies-

**** god, shove you're Religious beliefs up your ass. this is a music website, douchenozzle.

you don't even ****in' know me.

and look, you're getting exactly what I'm sure you log in every day to get. a reaction. well, get comfortable buddy. this is about all the power you'll ever have.

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Pretty sweet beat. I like the up tempo dance type feel.
Sample sounds nice pitched down too.
thanks Gilson, that means a lot coming from you. maybe I'll go back to it & see what I can do.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

I mean Jesus ****in' christ "THETRUTH," (you really that conceited? you think you're the 'truth?')

-I STARTED the damn post sayin' I was pretty much just goofin' off & messin' around this one! Not EVERYBODY needs your dip **** "harshness," it doesn't help you come off as someone who knows anything about music. (if that's what you were going for). You just come off like a kid letting steam off on cats & FP b/c you don't get any pussy.

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

god, godd, goddy god god, GOD, godd, god damn, god godly gods.
cgon548l.jpg

**** you, I'm an athiest! :angel:

Lol @ Truth getting hella riled up over nothing. What the hell is wrong with you son? Calm down.

Cool beat btw booma. I always like seeing people flip joints into something different than boom bap around here.

Last edited:
Well I agree will the truth on this one... why say crack when it isn't even sugar man... all i am saying... anyone looking to battle?

I am in the same boat as you my dude... I just started out in the sampling game and I must say I am hooked!! I really just enjoy making music and making stuff That makes me feel good...Even if nobody else is feeling it as long as i feel good and love what im doin I DONT GIVE A F*** WHAT THEY THINK! If someone is giving you pointer and tips LISTEN, take it in, try new stuff... But if someone says your S*** is WACK!! Dont even bother replying, cus its only gunna bring you down with their NEGATIVE ASS!
As long as youre having fun..Keep at it! Nice work on the video :) Keep up the work. -LK-

Check out some of my first samples I started making...
http://www.myspace.com/lilkato25

Last edited:
yeah sell it too me i sold my 1000 an 500 cause the recession hit me hard - oh well - i still got my sp an 950-
Nice example of negative energy attracting negativity :rolleyes:

Anyway.. it took some time to load the video but that's probably just my internet.. I think the beat was very relaxing, but in the end too repetitive. I know it's not a finished product yet, but I'm just saying..

ps: playing a drumloop and just jamming along with it is very addictive lol

Back