Why is everybody setting their gain in Fl Limiter to 5.5db ?

I'd say it's either coincidence or they just don't really know what they are doing. If they are all setting it to that and not explaining why, odds are the latter is true.

I'd say it's either coincidence or they just don't really know what they are doing. If they are all setting it to that and not explaining why, odds are the latter is true.

I think too many people do it to be a coincidence. When i watch tutorials or download a fl studio project file etc.. they always set it to 5.5 if they are even using a limiter

Maybe they have a 5.5db gain reduction and set it that way.. I can assure you that here's nothing magical about the 5.5 gain on the fruity limiter.

+5.5.

I know they are doing it to make the beat louder but why is so many people doing it 5.5db ?

Why not 6 or 4.5 lol ?

I think i seen over 30 different beatmakers do that in tutorials, flps files etc..

Maybe they all watched the one tutorial that did that and they never stopped lol

+5.5.

I know they are doing it to make the beat louder but why is so many people doing it 5.5db ?

Why not 6 or 4.5 lol ?

I think i seen over 30 different beatmakers do that in tutorials, flps files etc..

Maybe they all watched the one tutorial that did that and they never stopped lol

Exactly what im thinking, the virus of word of mouth spreading haha.

i wouldnt worry too much about why they're doing it, id just completely ignore the fact that they are. And their tutorials.

I think it's to be able to mix without having to turn your speaker volume knob to the max, once you are done mixing, you lower it back to 0 gain. Keep in mind that they probably take off the ceiling on the limiter before adding the 5.5 db extra.

that's the main reason why people do it while mixing.

My guess is because people are trying to exactly COPY PASTE the settings they see on youtube thinking that this will improve their audio,
instead of actually trying to understand the mental principle behind the numbers.

Because 5 is a magic number. +0.55 dB isn't enough. +55 dB is surely too much. +5.5 dB seems to be the perfect setting to make the magic works.

Back