what yall think of using izotope ozone, for hip hop mastering ?

Daamir O.

I'm using it for mastering my hip hop track, but some how my kick losses it's power, the "thump" is there remaining but the "bump" is kind of lost. All other instruments and percussions and instruments sound better. Any tips how keep the kick sound powerful ?

Thanks...

Peace !

how many bands are you using? go to your lowest band and check the compression and maximizer levels for it alone, otherwise it's in your mix that it's gettin drowned out when it's being mastered by ozone.

I think most people here don't have a clue how to really use it, and have downloaded it and just slap one on the master because it's supposed to make things sound better.

I'm using it for mastering my hip hop track, but some how my kick losses it's power, the "thump" is there remaining but the "bump" is kind of lost. All other instruments and percussions and instruments sound better. Any tips how keep the kick sound powerful ?

Thanks...

Peace !

Check out the stereo imaging, sometimes when using a preset it widens the low frequencies and makes the bump go away, lower it or even in the sub area make that mono it'll help a ton.

It would benefit you to learn how to mix properly. It is apparent that you aren't ready to be mastering.

In the right hands, Izotope is beast. Your product would more than likely sound better if mixed by a pro mastering engineer.

Invest in yourself, always.

Peace.

Back