Waves Plugins Only On Vocals

STOCK digi EQ sounds better then any Waves eq I have PURCHASED, but other then that the eq is followed by ren comp and ren reverb. And any one who knows what they r doing with plug ins from a certain select software program that is stock can beat out someone who don't know **** who is using waves, its not the tools but the craftsman.

This is what I'd hope these guys begin to understand. They persue all this crap trying to acheive what the beleive to be a "professional sound".

Professionals use whatever's there. Whether it be PT HD full of plugs ran thru a Neve board to outboard effects. Or a Roland VS Workstation with no other plug in options than what's already in it. If you're good at engineering, both will give you better results than someone just goofing around on either.

No need for the unnessesary overkill.

Last edited:
I wanna get in on a mixing competition. Let's get that ish rollin.

I only like a few waves plugins that i've use in studios like rvox, c4, and the ssl bundle. But sonar and pro tools stock are what i use 9 times out of 10.

Sounds fun.

What ground will it be judges on??? (Besides just general being a good mix)

I mean, what about head room, head room limit? minimum?

Just going through thoughts.

if you have to ask then why do you have them. Waves are far too expensive when you don't have a clue. Also there is no such thing as presets when it comes to vocal eq and dynamics control. It all depends. Don't waste your time with waves when you can just use any high quality plug-in and actually learn how to use it yourself. Especially when there are plugs that sound way better.

i agree 100%

Sounds fun.

What ground will it be judges on??? (Besides just general being a good mix)

I mean, what about head room, head room limit? minimum?

Just going through thoughts.

I would think that the approach taken should be that everyone creates a mix and prepares it to be submitted for "mastering". No rules for headroom or RMS level, but mixers should note that what they submit will very likely be judged on how it might play out in a real mastering situation. IE: clipped and excessively limited/compressed material is likely to be judged harsher than dynamic material with a health amount of headroom. But if you like to mix into a compressor than go for it, do whatever you normaly do.

I'd like to get in on this but probably won't have time, however I'd be down to be one of the judges if you guys want... Other than myslef I think Moses would be perfect for the job and I know Hackenslash isn't around much anymore but I figure he'd make an excellent judge as well (if someone can contact him). I think there should be a least 5 judges and it would be ideal if it included some newer members or some members that may be less experienced.

yeah, I would be happy to give the results a listen and detailed feedback.

please try to work with flac files at least and avoid any kind of lossy compression. a total length of one minute might be enough to mix and small enough to share on the net.

Okay So I'll put something together, In Flac or Wav? I will pm Hackenslash and then from this the winner's song will be put in on the mastering competition for the other thread that was kind of derailed. Any thoughts? Or even requests? Type of song?

Okay So I'll put something together, In Flac or Wav? I will pm Hackenslash and then from this the winner's song will be put in on the mastering competition for the other thread that was kind of derailed. Any thoughts? Or even requests? Type of song?

Call me tarded but I don't know what flac is:confused: so if I could at least get wavs that be nice lol

Ya the headroom idea sounds nice. And then passing on the winner for a mastering comp??? Genius. lol

This should be fun.:cool:

About genre, As long it's not dance/trance type stuff, I can get down. I just can't listen to the stuff. That and country.

oooooohhhh.... were getting vocals too right?

Just in case there's someone like me out there

THIS IS FLAC

What about time frame? How long are we talking? I know when I really mix a song. It could take about 3 days. Probably about 2 on average, I would at least want to get them fresh ears one time....

We will probably it say a week. It will take me a few days to record some stuff. I will record some of it crappy on purpose too.

I will record some of it crappy on purpose too.

Yeah.... sure. Just kidding.

But ya let's do it! How many people we got now, me, deranged, and we need at least 1 person who thinks they're the ish with wave bundles, so deranged can show him whats up, right?

A new tread should be started once the tracks are recorded, and post some rules for the comp. You know, time frame, format, method of submitting entries... And once the judges have made a decission, we could have a public poll and see how it might differ.

This could get very involved...

Back