Please Like This Thread if it helps
Wassup Bro's ...its ya boi!!!!
I'm here to hep yall get that PUNCHY JJ KICK
Its simple...(keep in mind I use FL Studio)
Here's the requirements
- EQ Basic Knowledge(Im bouta teach you)
- IzoTope Ozone (Optional)
Ok first of all, go an listen to his music at JohnnyJuliano . com
You can notice that his kicks are banging and his beats are loud too. For you to get that punch you got to have PUNCHY KICKS!! You can even layer them to give it a more punch.
Really....I think it all comes down to the EQ and Mix....and Master.Punchy kicks are obvious.
EQing the Kicks
- You Got to boost the mids to get the punch.Thats where it comes from(I would even boost the bass an mids too). Thats where the kick gets the POP!! from. Find the HotSpot and keep it there.Don't over complicate it.
- To be honest...thats all I do. You can add a compression to it but it dont matter to me.
- I want you to take a minute and listen to a johnny juliano beat.The instruments are low and the drums are loud(Kicks and Snare/Clap)
- When you mixing the beat, turn everything down low and mix....All of the Loudness Comes from Mastering it.
- Have the bass low as normal. If I were you i would mix the bass and instruments first then drums last.
- I use IzoTope to Master but you can get a compresser and turn your gain up to make the beat more loud(Mix it low,Mastering makes it loud)
- Check out my OLD Video...SUBSCRIBE DUDES.
www . youtube . com/watch?v=B0UGC59CeEY
Thanx For Readin and Check Out My Other Sh*t, lol