Vocal Effect question

it's using tape like pitch shifting

- shift the pitch down using tape and you get a wider spread of the harmonics in the vocal part
- shift the pitch up using tape and you get a narrower spread of the harmonics (crowding in ) in the vocal part

this is an old-school technique for using the same vocalist for lead and harmony vocals.

taken to an extreme here by applying to only single words/melodic pitches

adt (aka flanging in the traditional Beatles/George Martin sense)

also some multi-band gating from the sound of it (similar effect to autotune but no pitch correction)

it's using tape like pitch shifting

- shift the pitch down using tape and you get a wider spread of the harmonics in the vocal part
- shift the pitch up using tape and you get a narrower spread of the harmonics (crowding in ) in the vocal part

this is an old-school technique for using the same vocalist for lead and harmony vocals.

taken to an extreme here by applying to only single words/melodic pitches

adt (aka flanging in the traditional Beatles/George Martin sense)

also some multi-band gating from the sound of it (similar effect to autotune but no pitch correction)

Thanks man i really appreciate you, i feel like i could learn a lot from you. here's my work, ive mixed and mastered all of my stuff. I need a mentor in you!..if your up for that. http://www.soundcloud.com/money-villains

Back