Trying to mix these vocals (screenshot included) right to my self prod for iTunes

K_oth

Hey I've been having A LOT of trouble trying to mix these vocals clear :/ if anyone could offer more professional advice it would be greatly appreciated. there is a screenshot of the effects I used and the song is down there \/ to me I feel as if the sibilance is lost but I don't know how to fix that eq wise. specifics could help since I have been doing this several years yet I am just trying to fine hone my craft.

Screenshot 2015-01-23 13.56.05.png

I am more than eager to offer more screenshots and share progress :)

Attachments

• 4ic1h.png
    4ic1h.png
    166 KB · Views: 28
as a quick answer: well first off i love this song!
secondly, I would add more mids to he song. I feel that the vocals are a bit quiet compared to the song. I would love working with ya to get your sound if you want me too.

ok now do you mean more mids to the song as a whole or just to the beat? any suggestion of about what range of mids is lacking

yeah I would say the whole song needs more mids. I would sugest looking between 300-900khz zone. This will bring up the vocals and bring more presence. However, after re-listening I would strongly incourage to boost the lower end 300-700 on the rap vocals. Then level the volume so that it sits more in front of the beat and also the high pitch singer.

What I can do is if you want to send me stems I can mix the way I would and provide more detailed advise or techniques I would do. just let me know!

Also, in crease the green knob on the Maag a little this will bring more lower end presence to your vocals assuming track 7 is your vocals. And in aidditon, bring up the Orange knob on the Maag a tiny bit.

See how that works out.

much better, couple things can you screenshot your plug-ins and also the vocals at the beginning, cut the mouth noises. If you solo the track right before the rap you can hear saliva noise from the mic.

The track still is very airy, but we can tone that down. Once I see the screenshot it should help me better. Do you have anything on the master buss?

do you mean screenshot all my plugins? because I have hundreds if not thousands :/ (and stupid mixcraft doesn't organize them like protools ><) I kinda wanted the saliva noise but i'll take it out and see how it sounds. any sugguestions how to get rid of the air and possibly the white noise feedback on the vocals? and I will screenshot the master bus effects

ha ha no def not all the plug ins, just the master buss and also vocal track 7. Waht I would do to get rid of the Air on the vocals and tune down the Air knob on the Maag. I played around with the UAD version of that and as tempting as it is, if you push the AIR hard it will cause slight white noise. Whats your email I can send you a hip hop track I did couple years ago that you can use as a reference possibly.

(i orginally forgot to reupload it when i sent this message but it's up there now)

any opinions on the effects and suggestions? I feel as if the punches come close to clipping but when i reduce their level even 0.1 dbs they sound too weak :/

Last edited:
Back