audacity

gom player

quicktime player for windows

adobe audition

reaper

cubase

windows media player

media monkey

no issues with any of them so it must be something on the the computer that has been set without you knowing about it: check your sound control panel and make sure that there are no enhancements or other doodads in play

I even heard somebody else's beat on soundcloud and it sounded fine, so I tried uploading mine with a private link. Not sure if you can view it when it's private even if you have the link but...

https://soundcloud.com/gabe-hawk/audio-test

I'm still hearing a boomy ass bass. So maybe I'm exaggerating what I hear cause I'm hearing such a big disparity between what's inside of PT and what's being exported. If somebody else's beat sounds fine and my doesn't there's a problem.

I'm going to try lowering the gain of everything, especially the bass, and rebouncing.

Nope. That made it worse almost. I scaled it back to almost no bass and I could still hear ridiculous boominess in the kicks.

If my computer is doing it, I have no idea how. Windows media player has nothing on, and I've tried gomplayer and spotify. I checked the properties of the speakers (By the way, It doesn't say headphones are my sound source, it say speakers. But I'm using headphones. Don't know if that makes a difference). I uninstalled asio for one of the playbacks. I'm using realtek high definition audio driver if that makes sense.

**EDIT** Must be some audio manager I can't see that is common in gaming computers. Sounds fine on my macbook air.

Last edited:
about to dive into the mysteries of win7 audio management as I move to my newer computer, will let you know what I discover as I move through it

it's old but it runs win 7 64 bit and has 16gb and a quad core processor
- old server model but completely apt for what I need
- firewire interface card for my tascam FW1884 console/8x8 interface
- even the usb 3 pci card I put in works straight up

Last edited:
about to dive into the mysteries of win7 audio management as I move to my newer computer, will let you know what I discover as I move through it

it's old but it runs win 7 64 bit and has 16gb and a quad core processor
- old server model but completely apt for what I need
- firewire interface card for my tascam FW1884 console/8x8 interface
- even the usb 3 pci card I put in works straight up

Maybe it's just the eighth wonder of the world, and one of the unsolved mysteries of FP.

have you tried #2 yet? Thats how you should be doing it.

edit:didnt realize there was a second page to this thread, you're probably past this already.

edit 2: Well i guess this is the 3rd page..im way behind haha

Last edited:
update: the usb 3 card is powered and providing power but is not registering as having valid drivers

win7 can't or won't find the drivers for it - bought it on e-bay the seller has now added the correct link for the drivers for win7 on the listing but did not make contact to advise that it had changed from what they shipped

Have u tried going n and mixing again...
I mean besides the gain n everything...
Maybe eq n export... eq then export till u can get it right...
Prolly have to do this til u can figure things out...

Its a weird situation...
I would think it would be window audio settings...
Maybe cntrl alt yada n stop a couple process...
I hope u figure it out tho bruh

strangely though the same export sounds fine on my system in all of those players and daws mentioned so it is not a mix or export issue

strangely though the same export sounds fine on my system in all of those players and daws mentioned so it is not a mix or export issue

That's really freaking weird.

I swear it sounds completely different when played off of my mac air. Sounds like what it's supposed to sound like.

The best way to find out if your song sounds good is to play it on a good set of speakers with a sub bass. That's what I do with my beats: I finish them with my headphones and then I test them on my 80 watts speakers. Don't just rely on your headphones when listening to your finished work. Sometimes, I even go to bestbuy and test my beats on their headphones and speakers because beats tend to sound different with every device.

It's not that they sound weird through my headphones. It's that they sound weird played through those specific headphones in that specific computer.

Back