soaked in reverb

HalfBlacko0000

Good Music
Hey guys I'm working on a track right now that as of right now I have 2 break beats going the one break is soaked in reverb and the other isn't and it sounds good together but when I go to add any type of synth bass or 808 its a mess I tried cutting most of the lows out of the break beat to get it to fit but all I get is a whole Lotta phase cancelation and mud and I'm not sure if I should just start over with a new break or what for a audio example take any break and slap a reverb on it with the wet about 75 80 percent and you'll understand what I mean

Could you post an audio example of this break with the synth bass and 808 added that you want in there that doesn't fit?

What makes you say you're getting phase cancellation? And why on earth would you want your whole part drowned in 80% reverb? Of course that's going to make a mess..

What DAW? Might be a delay compensation problem where you are getting comb filtering. Are you sending the bus Pre or Post fade?

Hey guys I'm working on a track right now that as of right now I have 2 break beats going the one break is soaked in reverb and the other isn't and it sounds good together but when I go to add any type of synth bass or 808 its a mess I tried cutting most of the lows out of the break beat to get it to fit but all I get is a whole Lotta phase cancelation and mud and I'm not sure if I should just start over with a new break or what for a audio example take any break and slap a reverb on it with the wet about 75 80 percent and you'll understand what I mean

eq your reverb return (you are using a send reverb aren't you?) - this way you can eliminate the low end rumble of the reverb algorithm and sit other material in the compositional field

Sorry guys for the late reply my tablet pooped out on me yes I have it as a send effect ,well I purchased a bunch of breaks from the drum broker site and I really liked the one drum break but it had the effect already on it. I tried putting a gate on it but the treshold just couldnt be set right I just scrached the idea and ended up replaying the break in machine with different samples. Thank god it was the only sample in that library that had that much reverb on it

Back