Selling mastered or just Mixed beats?

Juville

Hello FPs,

first of all sorry if there is another thread with this topic, but I didn't found it.

Well, soon I want to start selling beats, but I don't know if I should sell them (Pre-)Mastered or just mixed. I heard it should be only Mixed, but only mixed it sounds not so good as mixed.
I hope you understand my trouble.

Sorry about my bad english I try my best :D

Best regards, Juville

I would get them to sound as PRO as possible with ZERO exceptions. If that means mastering them or even paying someone to do it, than you DO IT!!!

It would be like saying, should we sell the car without the clear coat? Maybe the the customer wants to change the colour when they buy it so let's make it easy for them. HELLL NOOO. You are selling a product, make sure it sounds as good as it possibly can.

I wouls also say that you can give the client an option. When he buys the beat, send him to versions: one that's just mixed and the other that's mastered. This way his engineer has more room to play with when doing the recording and vocal mixing

Cheers.

Also make sure that your own mastering actually makes things sound better, not worse. Mastering is a very subtle art when the work that should have been done already has been. Making everything loud and snappy is not necessarily better. Unless that's exactly what one wants ofc.

Personally I don't sell beats and I have no plan to do so. But I would take my chances and say that someone else out there can do a hell of a lot better job mastering my unmastered beat than trying to make it work with an already mastered one. Unless you want to hire someone to master your beats for you which only makes sense to me if you are really selling a lot and get good deals.

Last edited:
When selling beats I suggest mastered beats....even most of d instrumentals we download for mix tape projects are mastered

Hello FPs,

first of all sorry if there is another thread with this topic, but I didn't found it.

Well, soon I want to start selling beats, but I don't know if I should sell them (Pre-)Mastered or just mixed. I heard it should be only Mixed, but only mixed it sounds not so good as mixed.
I hope you understand my trouble.

Sorry about my bad english I try my best :D

Best regards, Juville

THink about it like this: What type of mix would you expect after spending your hard earned money on a new beat?

I would expect any serious artist to want to buy exclusive instrumentals with stems to take to the studio to record over

but ppl are cheap

I only do "loudness mastering" to my beats that I put in my beatstore 32-bit float
the actual wavs that are sent have no loudness mastering on them
every instrumental in my beat-store is 128 kbps MP3 with "loudness mastering on it for display purposes only"

but the MP3's I send out(automatically) are 450 kbps without "loudness mastering"

leaving the mixing engineer a nice mix to mix vocals to
I charge fix dollars more for wav vs. MP3 instrumentals
but I really don't try hard to sell beats anymore
I been working really hard on scores lately for the relaunch of my site

-Coach Antonio/Saint Antonio

Make it sound as good as you can! You never know who could get their hands on it so it must always be presentable!

Back