Rode NT2-A vs sE Electronics sE2200a II???

meraxes

Hey guys,

I'm trying to put together a modest home studio together, and dont want to skimp on the area of sound recording as I believe this is one of the most critical areas of a studio.

I've been doing a ton of research on multipattern microphones and I've narrowed it down to 2, the Rode NT2-A package, and the sE Electronics sE2200a II, both of which have stellar reviews, and cost $400.

I want to know which one of these mics would be more suitable for recording sung vocals and voice over work, mainly for a male with an average, slightly bass voice, but also flexible enough for other male and female vocal types? I know its best to audition mics before buying but I'm not in a position to audition these 2 mics at the moment.

Also, from a cost-effectiveness standpoint, do you think these two mics perform significantly better than the $230 Audio-Technica AT2050 sound quality wise? For recording music demos and professional voice-over work, would a AT2050 be passable, or would it be advised to stick with the more expensive mics mentioned above?

Thanks for your responses. :-)

Last edited:
Back