Please help!! Mixing problem..

Afzal

Hey guys!
I'm having this small problem. Every time I mix my beat with the faders on FL studio mixer, the beat's main volume is reducing obviously. So, that is effect the final quality of the song is dying out. As in, I can hear the vocals properly but the beat's volume is very low. Is it my mistake or is it the mastering engineers fault? Please help me and tell me how do I get rid of that problem?

Are you talking about the whole track being low in volume or just the "beat" compared to the rest of the sounds? If it's the first, then you should not be conserned about it, it should be taken care of in the mastering stage.

If it's the second, then it's entirely your fault and you should lower everything else to fit with the beat.

Thanks for reply.

The beat's volume is very low. The vocal's sound perfectly fine. But the instrumental, that is barely audible. It's really bothering me.

Then lower the vocals to fit better on top of the beat? Obviously you're going to want to do some proper mixing to make some space on top of your beat for the vocals, probably in terms of EQ and maybe a bit of compression to your drum bus to give the lower sounds a bit more precense and to balance the levels out may bring your drums up to a better level. These are just blind guesses for now since I can't really hear what's going on so.. post an example?

Last edited:
And also, we recorded the vocals on an mp3 file not a wave file. Will that make a difference too?

Well quality wise it will, yes, but not in terms of your levels not being balanced. Also from listenting to a youtube clip, I couldn't really tell what to do with it. Maybe there's a lack in treble on the high-hats, but could just be youtube masking it.

Last edited:
You lower everything else except the beat.

Or if you want to rebalanced the whole track.. Keep the most important part of your mix, the thing that you want to hear the most (probably the vocals) at a level so the highest peak are somewhere around - 6dbfs, ten you systematically lower the second most important sounds etc etc until you have a good overall balance between all your elements.

Then you just do some loudness mastering to bring the levels up should they be too quiet to your liking.

Last edited:
Hey guys!
I'm having this small problem. Every time I mix my beat with the faders on FL studio mixer, the beat's main volume is reducing obviously.

If your actually seeing faders move while the project is playing you need to Undo the faders automations that going on in that Insert(or Right Click, Edit events)

Then Right-click again & Init Song to this Position.

Last edited:
Back