Pitch rise problem in FL Studio. Help?

Brice Clark

When I do a pitch automation on a section that I've recorded, say I record one note sustain for 8 bars and decide to rise it for a build up, when I automate it, the automation shrinks the note i recorded into about a 5-6 bar note and stops. How do I fix this? Just do you guys record like 11 bars for a 8 bar pitch rise or what? Thank you! Any advice helps.

Pitching something up means that it "shrinks".
If you want to pitch something up without shrinking it, you need to use a pitching plugin that can compensate and drag out the sample as it's being pitched up.
Though you can also automate the length of the sample alongside the pitch automation yourself, but I wouldn't expect good results (it would probably start sounding robotic).

Pitching something up means that it "shrinks".
If you want to pitch something up without shrinking it, you need to use a pitching plugin that can compensate and drag out the sample as it's being pitched up.
Though you can also automate the length of the sample alongside the pitch automation yourself, but I wouldn't expect good results (it would probably start sounding robotic).

Ok was just making sure I wasn't doing anything wrong. Thank you very much!

this will be the hardest problem.only two solutions.copy and paste parts you want stretched or get files that have 96-382khz sampling rates.not bitrates, sampling rates.

Back