Mixing Volume Levels in Pro Tools

StanleySteamer

Hey guys, I have a question about mixing on Pro Tools and I want to see if I could get some advice. So basically, I have been a hardcore FL Studio user for a longtime. As some of you know, the FL Studio mixer works in percentages vs how Pro Tools works as just flat db(on fl studio u had both percentages on the knob to turn up and down and the db next to it to see what db your percentage volume is at). I recently switched to maschine and have been cooking up samples chops and drums patterns and what not and using the drag and drop export thing they added to drag it into Pro Tools and lay it out and what not. Basically, I am looking for advice mixing volume levels of things such as samples, drums(kicks,snares,etc), bass and what not in Pro Tools using its mixer. Is there a way I could switch the mixer to show percentages just like FL Studio did? It was way easier to me to say ok the kick is too loud at 100% lets try 75% or 50% vs ok the kick is too loud lets go down 1db or whatever. Any advice would be really helpful thanks

This is something I believe you just have to learn to get used to. I have never heard of those percentages you speak of and I doubt there are many programs that do use it. Just look at it now. You're so used to a system that doesn't really exist anywhere else and now you're having trouble. Learn the universal language of audio production and you won't have this kind of problem again.

thanks for the response. idk fl studio was what i very first started making beats with i was just always used to percentages on a mixer dial going up and down. I see your point though

Back