Mixing for Tv/Film in Fl Studio 11

eblaaze03

I wanted to know if anyone had any pointers for mixing strategy's for Fl Studio 11, i am producing some back up music for tv/commercial/film and i know its a different mix than what you do for artist, i wanted to know if any what had pointers or anything they can share with me to help me get the perfect mix/master for what i am doing, your insight will be well appreciated.

Ok i wanted to know if there are any methods or certain levels of mixes i should do when doing a mix for a song that would be played as background music for tv, i know when rendering down the wav music licensing companies want certain file format and clean sound mix i was curious to see if anyone has ever did mixes for tv/film/commercials and could throw some pointers, tutorials, info? my way i would appreciate a lot.

High pass higher than you would for CD, maybe like 90hz. built in tv speakers don't respond to below id guess about 120hz, but u also have to account for people with home theatre set ups.

maybe, maybe not

You are aiming at using the k-20 system for levels and you are aiming at not using compression/limiting/maximising to make it louder/hotter; i.e. you want it to breathe rather than just pump. When it comes time to synchronise to video and dialogue, the editing facility will do what is needed to make it sit in the the background as needed and still pop as it should

export as 48kHz, 24 bit broadcast wav if you can do so

make sure that you are using real time not musical time (both if it will let you) for tracking your progress and setting hit points to the sample video you are working to (presuming this is what you mean you are doing)

Last edited:
Excellent points above (!). But I might give two mixes, one squashed with comp/limiting (but not necessarily maxxed-out volume-wise), and one wide-open/"breathe-y," and let the video editors choose. 48/24 is definitely the video-- audio standard.

GJ

Hey, Do you have Ozone? If you do its a preset specifically for TV Levels. Not the best, but it's a good start, if you are lost mixing levels manually.

Back